2007 Chevrolet Tahoe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Feb 132013

Tahoe 8-cyl

There is a crack on my dash left of driver hump and one in front of the passenger airbag. I have found that almost all people have had this happen in their Chevrolet Tahoe and Silverado and mine just happened to happen after warranty. I need this fixed.

- White Hall, AR, USA

Jan 242014

Tahoe 8-cyl

I got into my car at 1pm and found a crack above the instrument panel and another where the airbag should deploy on the dashboard.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jan 052009

Tahoe 8-cyl

The dashboard has 2 cracks on it. One on the driver sides, towards the door, and one on the passenger side, in the middle, directly above the airbag.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Nov 122008

Tahoe 8-cyl

The dash cracked on the passenger side at the corner of where the passenger airbag deploys. Approximately two weeks ago a larger crack appeared on the driver side dash above the instrument cluster. GM knows this is a rampant issue but fails to show integrity and take responsibility for the thousands of cracked dashes in Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, Sierra, and Silverado trucks.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Dec 192012

Tahoe 8-cyl

Upon purchasing my 2007 Tahoe used I noticed 2 cracks on dashboard. The one on the passenger side is cracked at corner of airbag which is concerning due to an airbag deployment shards of plastic could be turn ed into projectiles. Noticed there are many, many of the same vehicles with identical cracks and locations of them. Thanks

- Connellsville, PA, USA

Feb 012010

Tahoe

Peeling chrome off of interior door handles has caused cuts and bleeding. Crack on dashboard adjacent to the front passenger air bag. Broken driver's door exterior handle.

- Moorpark, CA, USA

Sep 022013

Tahoe 8-cyl

My 2007 Chevy Tahoe ltz has developed cracks in the dashboard on the passenger and driver side. The passenger side crack is near the airbag deployment space and the driver side airbag runs from the back to the front of the dash. I am concerned about the airbag having difficulty deploying in an accident or pieces of the dashboard breaking away in it's current state that may turn into projectiles.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Jul 012013

Tahoe 8-cyl

Vehicle dashboard began cracking on passenger side between defrost vent and passenger-side air bag. Then it cracked above the gauges on the driver's side, which now has started running toward driver. My concern is that the entire dashboard will shatter if either of the air bags explode. This seems to be a very common issue among 2007 GM Tahoe, Suburban and Yukon. The local dealer will not acknowledge that this is affecting vast numbers of vehicles.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Mar 162011

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

There were multiple cracks in the dashboard and GM replaced at no charge while vehicle was still under warranty. The new dash developed another crack...this time it is a fairly large piece that has split and could fall out. I notified GM and they offered to replace it if I would pay a $200 deductible. I refused as the initial dash problem was identified while still under warranty period. The fact that it has cracked again while being no more than 2 years old is indicative of a material defect on their part. I have "never" had a dash in any vehicles I have owned (Ford, Nissan, Mazda) crack except for GM. It would be nice to have confidence that pieces of a GM dash will not fly inside the cabin of a vehicle and strike someone should there be an accident in the future. There are well over 200 people on facebook complaining about the inferior dash quality of some GM vehicles and are frustrated that GM has not corrected the problem. This issue also means that I take a financial hit should I try to sell the car because of a faulty dash. GM is wrong.

- Keller, TX, USA

Aug 152013

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

There are dashboard cracks in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe. One of the cracks is 2" long, near the passenger side airbag. I have done extensive research on this problem to see if its an anomaly. It isn't. I am a member of a facebook group who currently has 250 members and have the exact same defect. It appears this is a manufacturing defect. The cracks are in the same location among hundreds, if not thousands of consumers. I am worried the crack on the passenger side of the dash is a hazard if the air bag is deployed. I can imagine shards of plastic causing serious injury to the passenger. The cost to replace the dash is between $1,000-$1,500. There are members of the facebook group who have had 3 dashes replaced because GM refuses to fix the defect. Please refer to this youtube video where it shows the cracks on several GMC and Chevy autos. www.youtube.com/watch"V=3ikscklf7G8 please see the facebook group for more confirmation and information on the defect. Https://www.facebook.com/groups/251892298253/ currently the NHTSA has 98 complaints filed online relating to the dash cracks, but they have yet to initiate an investigation. www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov/owners/searchvehicles also my service air bag light continues to come up and they tell me they cant find the problem and I asked if the crack in the dash on air bag affects that and they also replied they did not know that the code just says somewhere on the passenger side and now I will have to wait until something brakes.

- Sanger, CA, USA

Jun 032013

Tahoe 8-cyl

The dash is cracked in my Tahoe which gives me every reason to believe that if I were in a collision the dash would break apart and send projectiles into me or my family. This is a well known issue with gmt900 series vehicles and GM will do nothing!!!

- Greensboro, NC, USA

May 012013

Tahoe

Dashboard has cracked. 2 large cracks go across dash.

- Saint Simons Island , GA, USA

May 042013

Tahoe 8-cyl

I noticed a couple of large cracks in the dash after purchase. This vehicle is prone to dash cracks due to faulty plastic (online research). I'm concerned there may be a safety hazard with the crack around the airbag.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Mar 012013

Tahoe

I got out of my car one night everything was fine got back in it the next morning to a huge crack in the dash. Two weeks later there is another crack in the dash on the other side above the airbags. And the steering wheel is peeling.

- Moncks Corner , SC, USA

Jan 012012

Tahoe 8-cyl

The dashboard has been cracking and continues to including portions near and around the airbags.

- Allen, TX, USA

Mar 012013

Tahoe

Dash board cracked driver side.

- Moncks Corner , SC, USA

Jan 072013

Tahoe 8-cyl

The molded plastic on the dashboard on the drivers side has an 8" crack that begins where the dash meets the window area and extends up towards the driver and extends up the left side of the rounded portion of the dash that houses the speedometer and other instrumentation. The truck is garaged and I use a window sun screen when parked outside. Upon much research there seems to be a known issue with 2007 Tahoe specifically, dealer confirmed, with dashboard cracking in the exact location I identified above as well as on the right side by the airbag. I have a concern that the plastic is defective in this year and model and although it is initially thought of as cosmetic (still no excuse), most importantly I fear that the compromised dash will compromise the integrity of the air bag deployment should it be needed. This needs to be reported to Chevy which I have done and a recall must be demanded to mitigate any air bad deployment concerns as well as to resolve the terrible cosmetic defect. Thank you.

- Westlake Village, CA, USA

Dec 222012

Tahoe 8-cyl

GM has a safety issue with dashboards cracking near where the airbag deploys on the passenger side of the vehicles. There is also cracking on the left side of the instrument pod. All cracks are in identical areas of these same model years and newer. I have two vehicles (2007 Tahoe and 2007 Avalanche with the same cracks and will file two complaints). Updated 01/29/14

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Feb 012013

Tahoe 8-cyl

First owner of this vehicle. Noticing substantial cracks in the plastic dashboard including near the passenger air bag site. Could lead to possible tearing of airbag or plastic being thrown towards passengers if airbag were to deploy. Also have an issue with chrome peeling from the exterior door handles causing cuts to the hands when opening the door. Vehicle has not been abused in any way or used as a work truck. Has also been garage kept.

- Naples, FL, USA

Jul 182012

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dash has multiple cracks around the airbag on the passenger side and one crack in dash above the instrument cluster.

- Hernando, MS, USA