2007 Chevrolet Tahoe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Jul 112012

Tahoe 8-cyl

The front drivers door handle snapped off, then the drivers side passenger snapped off about a month later. I paid to have them fixed at the dealership and now the 3rd door handle snapped off. The last one was the rear passenger side.

- Anna , TX, USA

Sep 012012

Tahoe 8-cyl

The dash has cracked behind the passenger side air bag for no apparent reason. I am afraid if the bag deploys it will throw the piece as a projectile and hit the passenger. Many complaints on the internet, GM is selectively assisting in repair. I was informed they would not help me because I have an aftermarket radio and alarm, neither of which is anywhere near the passenger side.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Apr 072011

Both of my children have been cut several times on numerous occasions by the peeling of the chrome on the door handles in the back seats. The dash is cracking which I have seen this complaint on many many 2007 GM SUV's. would like to see something done about these problems since it happens to be a big complaint by many owners.

- Palatka, FL, USA

Sep 122012

Driver side interior door handle chrome is peeling off and cut my finger.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Jan 012010

All 4 of my exterior door handles have come unattached on at least one end. This started before my warranty expired but continues to happen so I have to pay out of pocket. 2 that have been previously repaired by dealer have broken again. Dealer quotes $300+ to make this repair, absolutely ridiculous and should be covered by GM. Cant believe this has not been addressed yet as I am finding so many others with this exact problem.

- Pinehurst, TX, USA

Mar 162011

The door handles keep coming off. I'm about to replace the 4th one.

- Navasota, TX, USA

Mar 022012

Sliced finger for the second time. After the first time I called the dealer he said he would call me back and never did. There needs to be a recall.

- Saginaw, TX, USA

Aug 202010

Tahoe 8-cyl

Door handles are peeling chrome covering off of inside door handles causing a person pulling on the handle to exit vehicle to cut their fingers on the sharp edge of the chrome.

- Cleveland, TX, USA

Feb 202012

Tahoe 8-cyl

While I was getting my interior handles repaired since they have cracked, I was made aware that one of my door handles was falling off. The interior handles are covered under a recall but not the exterior handle. I was told by the dealer that it happens all the time on Tahoe and a quick "google" search confirmed the issue. This problem should also be covered under a recall. I had to pay $160 to repair the handle.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Nov 122011

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. While parked, the contact attempted to open the rear driver side door when the exterior door handle partially detached from the vehicle. The failure also occurred on the rear passenger side door. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing or repairs. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Feb 012011

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the plastic exterior door handles wore prematurely and fractured. The dealer replaced the front and rear passenger door handles however, the failure recurred on the rear passenger door. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The current mileage was 41,000 and the failure mileage was 17,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Mocks Corner, SC, USA

Oct 012011

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the door handles for the rear passenger doors broke and separated from the door frame. The dealer was contacted and they advised that the vehicle warranty was expired. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 70,000 and the current mileage was 72,000.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Oct 262011

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. While parked, the contact noticed that the front driver side door handle was fractured and detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostics. The dealer was made aware of the failure and advised that the door handle would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Mar 022011

The exterior door handles come off.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 012008

Tahoe 8-cyl

2007 Chevy Tahoe ltz 3 out of 4 exterior door handles on outside are broke. Not only is it aggravating but also safety issue if child's fingers get stuck or if there is emergency or accident and someone is trying to get in to assist you. I have read several complaints of the same thing online.

- Keller, TX, USA

Oct 102011

Exterior door handle broke off when trying to open the front passenger door. This is the third such failure of a door handle on this vehicle.

- Altadena, CA, USA

Oct 012011

My 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe lt was poorly made. The inside door handle is chipping and it sliced my two fingers open this morning. I think it should be recalled! also my door panel on the outside has been chipping because it is plastic. Come on the vehicles are expensive! use better products GM! I will never by another GM and I don't believe I should have to pay to fix there cheap decisions for this car.

- Irmo, SC, USA

Dec 152010

I was at a stop light, and the problem happened unexpectedly when I pressed on the gas when the light turned green. My car moved forward just slightly, jerked hard to a complete stop, and it wouldn't drive anymore. I was able to get pushed to the side in neutral, but needed a tow to the dealer. The only working gears were R, 3, 2, and 1. bringing it into the dealer, they confirmed there was a problem with the transmission. I had done some research when this happened and noticed that a lot of people had the same problem, all in the same type of scenario where they were at a complete stop. Second issue, not nearly as major is the stabilitrak. The light goes on and off constantly, pretty much from the first year I've had the car. And lastly, the interior chrome door handles have all peeled off and cut me and my passengers several times. The exterior door handles have come loose, the fuel pocket is completely broken, and after a heavy rain, water gets trapped inside the shell of the back door and sloshes around while I'm driving. I have to remove the bottom lining of the door for the trapped water to be released.

- Temple City, CA, USA

Jul 312011

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

2007 Chevy Tahoe with chrome exterior door handles. Passenger side handle broke off. Has significant opportunity to pinch fingers. Driver's side door handle also loose. Was informed this is a common occurrence with this vehicle. If this is a known issue, it needs to be resolved!

- Carver, MN, USA

Nov 012010

I have a 2007 Tahoe and the dashboard is cracked in two places. One is above the stearing wheel and the other is above the glove box on the passenger side. Ive always used a windshield protector when parked outside and the truck is parked in my garage every night. This seems to be a serious problem with this make and model vehicle and Chevrolet needs to correct it!

- Gulf Shores, AL, USA