2007 Chevrolet Tahoe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jun 272010

The chrome on my interior door handle of my 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe is separating at the seem. When I went to exit the vehicle the edge cut my two fingers badly, more than just a paper cut. The chrome is as rigid as a piece of aluminum from a soda can.

- Chantilly, VA, USA

Jul 012010

Tahoe 8-cyl

Chrome-platted inside door handles are peeling and fingers are being sliced.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jan 052010

I just read that the NHTSA is investigating the interior door handles on the 2007 Tahoe. I have had this problem many times, and so has my wife. It's the seam where the two pieces of 'fake' chrome come together at the top of the door handle - think of a razor sharp piece of plastic every time you try to open your door. I took it into the dealer (john L. sullivan, roseville, ca) where we bought it and they said there was no recall and that there was nothing they could do - pretty typical of a dealership I find. So I've just been dealing with it; that and nasty cuts on my fingers. I finally took a razor and shaved the pieces down, but now the white plastic of the handle is exposed. It looks horrible.

- Rocklin, CA, USA

Oct 102009

I have a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT3 that the interior door handles chrome plating is sharp, especialy where it meets at the seam. I have cut myself several times on these handles( both drivers and passenger door handles are this way) door handles on a vehicle especially only 3 years old shouldnt fail like this.

- North St. Paul, MN, USA

Apr 052008

Tahoe 4WD 6-cyl

The inside door handles are made out of a material that are glued together in the middle. The material is sharp and cause cuts to the hand or fingers.

- West Hempstead, NY, USA

Nov 242006

Tahoe 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. While driving 25 mph, each door on the vehicle made cracking noises when decelerating or driving on jagged roads. The dealer stated that the failure was unrecognizable and informed the contact to take the vehicle to a mechanic. The mechanic applied lubricant to correct the failure, but the noises returned. The current mileage was 18,000 and failure mileage was 320. The consumer stated did have tire problem, tires were cracking and coming apart. The dealer replaced all 4 tires. Updated 09/19/07

- Heber, CA, USA

Feb 252006

Just after purchase, while they were prepping my new 07 Tahoe I noted that it had a dent in the rear drivers-side door in the ridge over the rear wheel opening. A collision center owner informed me that it could not be repaired without installing a new door skin on it. The salesman had stated that it could be popped-out. It obviously happened at the factory as there were no obvious scratches or other indications of impact.

- Cape Nedick, ME, USA