2007 Chevrolet Tahoe electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Nov 022013

While driving it he vehicle it shuts off, all of the gauges go to zero the power steering goes out and I am no longer able to accelerate until I restart the car. The lights inside and out go off and on. The doors lock and unlock continuously, . in the past year this has happened 3 or 4 times.

- Zolfo Springs, FL, USA

Oct 172014

Tahoe 8-cyl

My 2007 Tahoe sputtered and hesitated as I approached a stop sign. As I stopped stability control / traction control dashlights appeared as well as the check engine, they both blinked and dash read service stabilitrak, and service traction control. As I pulled from stop sign the tranny slammed into 2nd gear with a bang and I was barely accelerating pulled over and shut the car off. When I tried to restart it just turned over. It took a few tries to get it to start, and when it did I smelled a strong smell of unburned fuel from the exhaust. I will contact GM to file complaint as my Tahoe has only 97K on it. Hopefully it's covered by warranty.

- Crescent City, CA, USA

Sep 112014

I was stopped at a stop sign when all the lights on the dashboard went out and smoke started coming out of the ignition switch. I turned the vehicle off and removed the key. The smoke stopped but the dashboard started making weird ticking noises.

- Otsego, MN, USA

Aug 292014

Tahoe 8-cyl

While driving on I-75 in Florida coming from Kentucky (relocating my mother in law), I and a friend who was taking a turn driving smelled an odor similar to sulfur or natural gas. Within 10-15 minutes, smoke started coming out of the front driver engine compartment. Driver immediately pulled to the emergency lane as a fireball exploded from the same area as the smoke. We both dove out of the vehicle on the passenger side. The entire vehicle with nearly all the contents burned, all the way down to the tires.

- Elizabethtown, KY, USA

May 172012

Tahoe 8-cyl

They unlock or lock by itself, seats start moving around, radio will act up, the lcd for the dvd player stops working some times, air conditioning won't work on some vents, side mirrors, back trunk door won't work, lights in the car goes dim some times while driving, there is a brand new battery in there, some times once in a while it won't start.

- Fort Polk , LA, USA

Jul 012014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Smell of burning plastic in passenger compartment. Windows, mirrors and door lock controls stopped working on driver door control panel. Removed driver side door panel and discovered one of the plugs to the door controls was melted and discolored. Unplugged. No fuses were tripped.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jul 012014

Driver's seat belt does not lock into the receptive device. 2nd row seat belt "tore" when pulled to fasten. Electrical issue causing speaker and microphone to become inaudible therefore preventing communication with onstar in the event of a crash, nor alerting driver of vehicle standard safety alerts (low gas, open door indicator, tire pressure indicator, etc.).

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Jun 012014

I just bought this 07 Chevy Tahoe before 3 months ago, the problems start one by one, when the weather start hot the dashboard broken, dic light dead and rnd123 light too, now the GM dealer want more than a $500 to fix the cluster, I checked online and I found thousands of GM owners they have same problem, why GM don't do a recall on the message center light and the dashboard.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Jan 162013

Tahoe 8-cyl

Truck will not start at times, have been to the dealer multiple times and they cannot find a problem. This has happened in a previous Chevy Tahoe 2007 lt that I owned prior and the dealer could not find the problem. It 50% of the time will start up if I allow it to sit for moment, at other times I have to jump it. It currently has new battery, which did not help the problem.

- Aurora, CO, USA

May 222014

Tahoe 8-cyl

2007 chevorlet 2007 Tahoe ltz with 62K. I parked the car as usual and locked the doors using the remote. The next morning I went into the car and it smelled like smoke and something had caught fire. None of the driver side door functions worked. I removed the drivers side master switch and the wiring harness plug had burnt our and melted itself to the master switch. The short destroyed both the master switch and wiring harness the car did not trip any fuses in the process. This was a very scary situation considering the car could of completely caught fire in my driveway. There was no moisture in the vehicle when this incident occurred. I have pictures of the parts that burnt out. I brought the car to the dealer to have it inspected which said their was no recall for this vehicle.

- Holmdel, NJ, USA

Jul 302013

Myself and a friend were driving on the I75 to cincinnatti, Ohio and my truck was fine, no issues, no problems, and all of the sudden halfway there there was construction signs and majority of the vehicles that were driving in the right lane had to hurry up and switch lanes, in the process of getting over myself an others hit this pothole that was in the middle of the lanes that was supposedly being worked on, but there were no cones or anything around it. As soon as I hit it and was trying to get over my stabilitrak and traction light came on and my truck started jerking real bad, by the time I actually made it to where I was going my engine light had came on too and my truck was acting like it was going to cut off, it started smoking and I stopped by a gas station and people there tried to help me and told me it was best for me to try to make it home which is xenia, Ohio or I was going to get stuck in cincinnatti. It took a couple days for me to actually get it in the shop which is lang's Chevrolet in bevercreek, Ohio and when I took it there none of the body shop men knew what it was, then because of that they said we can take the engine apart but your going to be charged $1500 and if it's not that then I will be charged for them to put it back together and whatever I want them to do. Now being that you are a certified auto mechanic isnt it your job to know what it is" I'm bringing my truck back to where I payed cash for it and no one knows what it is. To me that is crazy and I'm still having the same issues I'm having with it before. I've took it to several body shops and have payed money to have it looked at for something that it wasnt and no one can tell me whats wrong. So I feel that Chevrolet has failed me and so has GM since they own them now. If you dont know whats wrong with it then why sell them" everyone with this problem is being ignored and its sad.

- Xenia, OH, USA

Mar 112009

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that he had to replace the battery multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician was unable to diagnose a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the recurring failure. The failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage 131,194.

- Compton, CA, USA

Apr 262012

Tahoe 8-cyl

Back passenger doors fill up with water after rain. Door has a drain hole but is blocked by dust shield causing water to stay in door and cause damage to electrical components.

- Roland, AR, USA

Mar 312014

I was on my way to work, driving approximately 55 mph and all of a sudden the "stabilitrak off", "traction control off", ABS light, check engine light all came on, simultaneously. My speedometer and other gauges started swinging from left to right and then flatlined, my power locks, "locked and unlocked". when the transmission shifted, the whole Tahoe jerked. When I arrived at my destination I attempted to re start the car and it wont start.

- Jeffersonville, VT, USA

Mar 072014

Tahoe 8-cyl

While vehicle was sitting still not running, not in use. Vehicle was setting in my driveway, weather was around 45-50 degrees and the dash cracked in 3 spots, 2 spaces above the instrument cluster and one over the air bag area., I have did extensive research on internet and verified that there is several cases of this happening in this particuler make/model and year of vehicle. If there was an accident the material from the dash cracking could cause cuts/or extensive wounds by producing flying debis from the air bag going off since the dash is cracking over the air bags. I have contacted GM/Chevrolet and had the vehicle inspected per their request, they didn't admit there wasn't a manufacturing flaw but they denied repairing the vehicle stating that I wasn't the original owner even though I bought GM dealreship. The service department where the vehicle was inspected verified the cracks in the dash and they were very large.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA

Aug 092008

Tahoe 8-cyl

I was driving along and the speed control just stopped working. I reset it and the first bump in the road it stopped working. We took it for repair and it worked for about a yr. Then the same problem. We had it fixed again and it lasted about another 2 yrs. It has again failed several times to work at all and then you can get in the car and start driving and it will work. Currently, it won't come on at all...this apparently is a problem with the Chevy Tahoe and needs to be recalled. It is very dangerous to drive at 60 mph and all of a sudden it drops quickly in speed. Also, our Tahoe is garage kept and about a month ago, I noticed a crack in the dash board on the drivers side. I see that this too is a problem with thousands of Tahoe. We have had several electrical problems where the door windows stop working, the seats won't move and have had that fixed twice. We also have had the rear door stop working whenever it feels like. We have had that in to the dealer on three occasions. We gave up taking it back. Here again no recalls. We also have problems with the tire pressure monitoring system. They work when they want to. Why haven't these items been recalled by GM. The dealers know that its a problem, but we still have to pay the bill to get it fixed. If you look on here, thousands of people have the same issues. We have owned many Chevy including corvette and 2 Tahoe but since GM won't stand behind their products like they should, we will be buying another brand, Nissan or Honda next time.

- Kearneysville, WV, USA

Aug 032009

In our 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe the dash is cracked just above the passenger side airbag which could cause serious injury in a crash. The interior wiring must be faulty, the passenger window sometimes won't roll down from drivers side, but sometimes it will. Also our battery mounts different than what is called for in automotive centers (top mount, not side) making it difficult to order proper battery for this vehicle.

- Haysi, VA, USA

Jan 152014

Tahoe 8-cyl

At 90,000 miles, all of my rear bearings were bad and had to have them replaced, basically a whole new rear end. Luckily it was covered under the 100,000 mile power train warranty. I have only towed a trailer twice with my Tahoe, so obviously a defect somewhere. Second issue is that there are 2 cracks on the dashboard; one in the area of the passenger side air bag, and the other on the backside of the drivers side steering column. These both occurred about the same time, around 100,000 miles. Obviously this is a widespread issue. GM needs to be replacing these dashboards on their dime and not expecting the customer to foot the bill for this defective product. It is definitely a safety issue. Should the airbag system have to deploy, pieces of plastic would become projectiles that would harm anyone inside the vehicle. The third issue I have, that began today at 109,000 miles, are involving the instrument panel. The speedometer did not work, the light that indicates which gear you are in did not come on, and the seat belt light and air bag light were on even though I was wearing my seat belt. I'm not sure what is causing this, and I'm hoping it is just a bad fuse. I am so dicouraged with my Tahoe lately. All of these little things going wrong have really made me leary of buying another GM product, and I've been excited about the 2015 redesign. Not so much now.

- Orange, TX, USA

Oct 312013

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe lt, strong burning odor coming from the driver's door. Parked vehicle, investigated problem, and initially could not determine a cause. The next morning, entered the vehicle with a strong odor of burnt plastic and light smoke in the passenger compartment. Could not determine a cause. Vehicle started up without any problems, appeared to be in normal running order, until I attempted to open the driver side window. The entire driver's master control module was not working. Pulled the assembly apart to find the power connector to the module had shorted out and began to melt the module itself and the 6 pin connector, requiring replacement of master control module and entire wiring harness. The inside of the door did have evidence of incomplete combustion but snuffed itself out before it could progress further. The module and connector has soot - indicating combustion began to occur. Mileage 120,000+/-

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

May 122012

Tahoe 8-cyl

The fuel gauge was reading 1/4 tank and suddenly the gauge went to empty and the driving distant went blank. After a short time the gauge read 3/4 tank, then went off again, then reset itself to 1/2 tank. This has happened quite frequently since then. It only happens once the fuel level gets less than 3/8 of a tank.

- Lincoln, CA, USA