2007 Chevrolet Tahoe electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Jan 152014

Tahoe 8-cyl

At 90,000 miles, all of my rear bearings were bad and had to have them replaced, basically a whole new rear end. Luckily it was covered under the 100,000 mile power train warranty. I have only towed a trailer twice with my Tahoe, so obviously a defect somewhere. Second issue is that there are 2 cracks on the dashboard; one in the area of the passenger side air bag, and the other on the backside of the drivers side steering column. These both occurred about the same time, around 100,000 miles. Obviously this is a widespread issue. GM needs to be replacing these dashboards on their dime and not expecting the customer to foot the bill for this defective product. It is definitely a safety issue. Should the airbag system have to deploy, pieces of plastic would become projectiles that would harm anyone inside the vehicle. The third issue I have, that began today at 109,000 miles, are involving the instrument panel. The speedometer did not work, the light that indicates which gear you are in did not come on, and the seat belt light and air bag light were on even though I was wearing my seat belt. I'm not sure what is causing this, and I'm hoping it is just a bad fuse. I am so dicouraged with my Tahoe lately. All of these little things going wrong have really made me leary of buying another GM product, and I've been excited about the 2015 redesign. Not so much now.

- Orange, TX, USA

Oct 312013

Tahoe

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe lt, strong burning odor coming from the driver's door. Parked vehicle, investigated problem, and initially could not determine a cause. The next morning, entered the vehicle with a strong odor of burnt plastic and light smoke in the passenger compartment. Could not determine a cause. Vehicle started up without any problems, appeared to be in normal running order, until I attempted to open the driver side window. The entire driver's master control module was not working. Pulled the assembly apart to find the power connector to the module had shorted out and began to melt the module itself and the 6 pin connector, requiring replacement of master control module and entire wiring harness. The inside of the door did have evidence of incomplete combustion but snuffed itself out before it could progress further. The module and connector has soot - indicating combustion began to occur. Mileage 120,000+/-

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

May 122012

Tahoe 8-cyl

The fuel gauge was reading 1/4 tank and suddenly the gauge went to empty and the driving distant went blank. After a short time the gauge read 3/4 tank, then went off again, then reset itself to 1/2 tank. This has happened quite frequently since then. It only happens once the fuel level gets less than 3/8 of a tank.

- Lincoln, CA, USA

Mar 052009

Tahoe 8-cyl

There is a misfire and stabiltrac light that comes and goes intermittent the dealer don't know what's wrong I've changed out electrical parts all over the truck still cant find. Battery issues from beginning of trucks purchase now I drive today and have water leaking in the doors so much that fill up and spill inside.. I've learned that GM really doesn't care about their customer and its really sad seeing this is my third Tahoe and Impala ss, , really thinking Toyota is gonna get my business unless GM can make things right for their customer.

- Peoria, IL, USA

Sep 292012

Tahoe 8-cyl

We purchased a 2007 Tahoe in August 2012. Since this time, my wife and I have both experienced multiple electrical starting issues with the vehicle. A jump start or boost will often allow the vehicle to start. However, there have been situations where we have not been able to find an available boost. We have been stranded in parking lots, family vacations, work, and our kids games or practices. As noted in many of the complaints, the starting problems are intermittent and there are times a boost will not start the vehicle. In fact, we even began to lose power traveling at highway speeds during a family vacation this past summer. This is very disturbing issue for GM and their apparent inability or unwillingness to correct the problem. In addition to the starting / loss of power problems, a cracked dash and faulty cruise control is something that should not happen with the technology available. Based on a review of the complaints, it may likely be a battery cable issue. GM must recall this known problem!!!

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Sep 072013

Tahoe 8-cyl

I recently experienced a known electrical issue for the first time yesterday. I just had my Tahoe at the dealer last week for strange clacking noise under the hood. They stated I would just have to wait until it did it again. Yesterday everything went haywire and my Tahoe appeared possessed. Door locks, gearing shifting was affected making it difficult to drive and steer due to loss of power steering, which could have caused serious risk to others around me and my two children in the car. Turning to the internet and finding that I am one of what is probably thousands complaining of the same issue makes my extremely concerned that GM is not looking out for its current and future customers. I will be filing a complaint with the attorney general's office, ntsb and now with the state of nc immediately. Not only have we dealt with this issue. We have long dealt with the oil consumption issue that GM continues to say is "normal" consumption. Extremely disappointed in GM and how they are handling major component issues. We also own a Jeep Wrangler and they are been absolutely amazing anytime we have an addressable issue.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Jul 312006

Tahoe

The monitor or sensor of the car was not detecting if the vehicle is functioning accurately. It is not detecting the pressure of the tire. So we went back to the dealership particularly to salesperson who sold us the car. He said, it does it sometimes. When we are fillin in its gas tank, it shuts off the gas nozzle after a gallon or two, which is actually strange, so we told the dealership again about it, they said it's probably the gas station. We talk to the gas station attendants, they always say they are not shutting the gas nozzle off. We occasionally hear its creaking sound when we drive it, and when we told the dealership again about it, they said it is just because it doesn't use a brake pad that's why. The steering wheel also sometimes make noise when turning, but their comment is unable to verify the cause at this time. I contacted their customer service about the issues we have with the car even the service manager didn't like it, and until now they still can't do anything to help us out. They said our warranty has already expired, but why they didn't fixed them when we first came to them a few days after we bought it. The car is just 23,000 miles though it's a 2007 model, because we can't use it all the time. We are not that confident to bring it all the time and put our children in it. Right now the engine light is on, I have renewed its registration already, but we can't drive it on the road hoping that the manufacturer will do some corrections with the car, but they said they can't because the warranty already expired. We know it's not going to pass the emission test because its engine light is on. We've been telling them about the issues but they are not paying attention, even it's still under warranty and just waiting for the warranty to expire so they will have no further obligation to us.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Dec 172011

Tahoe 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the panel electrical system failed. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- St Charles, MO, USA

May 232013

Tahoe

I have had issues with my door locks going on and off for years and the dealer could never figure out what was wrong with it supposedly. I own a 2007 Chevy Tahoe lt. I was driving home from work on 05/23/2013 at about 50mph when I lost power for no apparent reason. I was luckily in the outside lane where I could maneuver my vehicle off the road without getting hit from behind as quickly as possible. At first I thought it was a dead battery and the tow truck jumped me and it started just fine so I replaced the battery the next day. Then I tried to start it the next day and nothing electrical would turn on when I turned the key. Tow truck came again to jump me and I took it to the dealer and they said it was the battery cables right from the get go. The service manager has been there for 15 years and knew exactly the issues I was having. They replaced the cables to a cost to me of $500!!! he said that Chevy knows it's an issue but because there aren't enough people experiencing it they won't do a recall..absolutely ridiculous!!!!! they are lucky my kids weren't in the car and that nobody was hurt because I would have filed the biggest lawsuit they ever saw!!!!

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Dec 012012

Tahoe

The contact owns 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the panel and shift light failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was advised to the contact that the instrument cluster needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Addeville, AL, USA

Apr 202013

Tahoe 8-cyl

My wife was accelerating from our street onto a major highway when the engine nearly shut down. Her speed was reduced to just 5 mph and the dashboard flashed engine power reduced, service stabilitrak, and service traction control. Unfortunately, she knew exactly what this was since this is the third time this has happened in this car in the last 18! we took it to our dealer and they tested the vehicle and diagnosed that the accelerator pedal sensor had failed again! we are extremely uneasy with the car now since each time this has occurred, it has been while one of us was accelerating onto a highway or interstate. On the previous occasion, she had to quickly move away from oncoming traffic...with our children in the car. The dealer indicated that they see this problem very often, but not this much in one car. This is obviously a defective part and should be checked into immediately.

- Belle Chasse, LA, USA

Apr 062013

Tahoe 8-cyl

After driving approx 3 miles, my "stabilitrak off", "traction control off", ABS light, check engine light all came on, simultaneously. My speedometer and other gauges started swinging from left to right and then flatlined, my power locks, "locked and unlocked". when the transmission shifted, the whole Tahoe jerked. When I arrived at my destination approx 3 miles further and turned the engine off, attempted to re start and it wont start. This is the fourth time this has happened in two weeks. I have taken to a Chevy dealer twice to diagnose. Both times they said they cannot find the cause, and all they can do is reset the error codes.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

Feb 212013

Tahoe 8-cyl

I was stopped at a red light and as I took off the stabilitrack said it need to be serviced and the engine power was reduced. Took to shop and they reset the computer and everything seemed fine. Now 4 days later I was in the car wash parked with the car running while I was vacuuming and lost all power and stabilitrack did the same thing. After waiting 10 minutes or so I was able to start the vehicle and drive it to the shop again. They said it is a common problem and it doesn't have a true "fix" at this point.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Feb 192013

Tahoe 8-cyl

While driving 72 mph on highway stabilitrak light, traction control light and flashing engine light came on and engine bogged down with no power. After almost getting hit by 2 semis I got the truck off the road.. I have read up on this issue and Chevy needs a recall on this.. someone is gonna get killed.

- Spottsville, KY, USA

Oct 122007

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the electrical system failed, which caused the vehicle to stall. The contact also stated that while parked, the vehicle rolled away and crashed into another vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was confirmed that the battery cables failed and needed to be replaced. The contact requisitioned a third party to repair the vehicle but the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign I.D. number 10V240000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Prescott Valley, AZ, USA

Sep 112012

Tahoe 8-cyl

The driver information computer screen and prnd321 lights have failed. The dashboard inside has cracked in two areas.

- Dripping Springs, TX, USA

Nov 252012

Tahoe 8-cyl

After 5 minutes of having started the car and driving the RPM gauge raised to 4rpms and would not drop below 3rpms, even after having stopped the car and turning off the engine. Called Chevy customer service and the rep hung up on me.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Nov 072012

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that she smelled a foul odor and noticed smoke emitting from the driver's side front door while driving an unknown speed. The vehicle was able to be driven to the contact's residence and was later taken to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the issue. The failure and current mileages were 102,000.

- Metuchen, NJ, USA

Aug 012012

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dash cracked on left side of steering wheel hump. A few months later the dash cracked on the upper left side of passenger air bag.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jan 182012

Tahoe

The driver's side window switch fried on our 2007 Chevy Tahoe lt. It literally burned a hole in the side of the switch where the two circuit boards come together. It is a miracle that the entire car did not go up in flames. I've done a little research online and apparently this is not an isolated incident. The 2006-2007 Chevy trialblazers and Toyota rav4's have had the same issues. I believe there needs to be a recall of some sort in order to make sure this does not happen to anyone else and potentially catch the entire vehicle on fire.

- Grand Saline, TX, USA