2007 Chevrolet Tahoe electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 4 of 6)

Jun 012012

Tahoe 8-cyl

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. Consumer states after driving on the highway for 15 minutes or so the tire low pressure indicator light on the instrument panel came on the consumer stated before he took the vehicle to the dealer, the air was checked several times, with no indication of a problem. The consumer then took the vehicle to the dealer, where they replaced the sensor in the right rear tire. However, the problem continued. The consumer went to another dealer, where they ran a test and found no problem. After filing a complaint, the consumer went back to the second dealer where they found a lock problem. They replaced and reprogrammed the rcdlr. The consumer stated the problem is ongoing. Also, the doors locked on their own on a number of occasions.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 012012

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. Consumer states several issues with vehicle and request information on recalls, service bulletins, warranties or lemon law the consumer stated the cruise control down shifted to 2nd while driving at highway speeds and on hills, the starter would hang, there was a noise coming from the ac compressor. The transmission was replaced. However, it continued to hesitate after the vehicle was started, as well as a vibration. There was a clicking noise coming from the differential, the idle needle would rise, while at a stop, the battery drained, the engine stalled, the dash was cracked, there was a problem with the suspension, the tire pressure monitoring system was repaired three times, the passenger side mirror was inoperable, the weather strip had come off the vehicle and there was a clicking noise coming from the U-joint.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Feb 112012

Tahoe 8-cyl

I had driven the vehicle for 50 minutes. Parked turned the ignition off for 30 minutes. Next neighbor knocked on the door and said "your Tahoe is on fire". we called the fire department because we could not put the flames out. Fire department took only five minutes to get there. Once the fire was out we noticed that the Tahoe was totaled. From the naked eye it looks like the electrical fire started on the driver side under the windshield wiper. There's huge hole in the dashboard behind the left windshield wiper. I only had the car for 65 days. Big disappointment because I really like the 2007 Tahoe.

- Kirkwood, MO, USA

Jul 172009

Tahoe 8-cyl

Peeling interior paint - two of the four doorhandles paint is peeling causing sharp and jagged edges resulting in cut fingers. Brakes - all brakes and rotors bad at 39,000 miles and had to be replaced. Way too early! now the brakes squeal all the time, are soft and had to be flushed 2 times within 6 months of each other. Windows - continuing issues with the windows screeching when going up and down. Attempted to fix three times and just keeps repeating. Is starting to scuff/scratch the glass and leave oil streaks. Was told this is normal. Rear liftgate (manual) - struts freeze every winter so that the tailgate does not go up all the way. Have hit head on this numerous times. Been replaced 3 times and counting.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Oct 012007

Tahoe 8-cyl

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. Since I bought the car these are some of the issues I have had with the car- all within the first year - some issues are ongoing. Three of the four door handles are frayed and cause cuts. The center console was literally coming apart at the seams. I can hear the sound of wind very loudly with the windows up. Shortly after I bought the car - I returned to the service dept. At the dealer (moreno valley Chevrolet) advising them that the door locks are not properly operating with the key fob and that the sound of wind was/is very loud and the tires are making noise. Well, they replaced, reset, and whatever else to the door locks - and the electronic fob still did not (and does not) work. Even after three (or four) attempts to resolve this - I have to use the key, the fob does not work. The dvd player plays at will. At one of those visits - where I advised of excessive noise, the dealer replaced three of my tires and my dvd player - without my request. The service tech says - "oh, they hooked you up." I asked and asked "why" they replaced these things and no one, including the service manager, had an answer. And still - the tires wear unevenly, are loud, and the ride is not smooth and the dvd player plays when it wants to. I took my car to jiffy lube for an oil change and the guy there said, "one day, your tires are going to fall off, this (what the name was-I can't recall) is broken...it's just a matter of time before it falls apart." I took it to the dealer (moreno valley Chevy) and they said "cannot duplicate." Never, ever another Chevy.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Aug 222011

Tahoe 8-cyl

This morning after a heavy rain last night, while taking the kids to school, I heard a water sloshing sound coming from the rear passenger side door. Got home and investigated the door- it was literally filled inside with water. Upon further investigation, I found that all doors had water in them! scary! I had to leave all 4 doors open for approx 20 min for water to stop draining out! my safety concern here is if these doors are filled (and I'm not exaggerating when I say filled) with water, there must be a risk of electrical shock from the different electrical components inside the doors for windows and/or the power locks.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Tahoe

While driving with cruise control enabled traveling at 70 mph with RPM at 2000 RPM, the 2007 Tahoe surged, jerked if you will, as if the cruise control was telling the vehicle it was going too slow. Hitting the brakes did not disengaged cruise control. Engine raced to 4000 RPM and locked at 4000 RPM! successfully shifted vehicle to neutral and was able to maneuver vehicle off the road and I can only hope the next person this happens to will be as lucky. Had to turn vehicle off to reduce engine RPM from the 4000 RPM it was locked on. Called on star and informed them of what happened and they ran a test which indicated no problem. Vehicle would not restart on first four attempts. Disabled cruise control button on steering wheel, which was glowing yellow, and the engine started. GM customer service contacted, file 71-965035291 and GM refused to replace cruise control as the local dealer in san angelo tx indicated they could not duplicate the concern. If should be noted it was 104 degrees and the engine had been running for over an hour and 100 miles with the vehicle loaded with 5 people and luggage. The local dealer did not duplicate the exact conditions and instead did a test drive of 60 miles without the load or high temperature. Talked to sarah at 866 790 8601 ext 12869 and she passed me on to victoria, david, and then back to victoria. I am an equipment engineer and victoria did not appear to have any technical knowledge. GM did not take my offer to remove my cruise control so they could bench test the unit and add heat to drive the faulty component to fail. GM, specifically victoria, wants to wait until someone else has the same problem. I know this lack of action by Chevy/GM seems hard to believe but the description I have provided is accurate.

Jan 132011

Tahoe 8-cyl

I own a 2007 Chevy Tahoe I've been having problems with the stabilitrak control traction control and the fuel sender for about a couple of wks warranty that I purchased for my car don't want to cover for this!!!!!!!!!! lights keep turning on loud noise from engine car not running well at all!!!!!

- Delano, CA, USA

Nov 152010

Tahoe

I own a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and I am experiencing problems with the cruise control. I will set it when traveling on the freeway and it will disengage on its own. At first I thought it was something I was doing but it continues to happen and now I realize after seeking information on the web that many Tahoe and Yukon owners ar having the same problem. I have also experienced some surging and speed fluctuation when it is engaged as have other people who'as comments I have seen on vehicle information web pages. I believe this could be a safety issue and possibly cause accidents. GM told me they were not aware any issues but I know now that this not true. I have seen service bulletins that indicate there are electrical problems with other electrical parts that may effect the cruise control. What options do I have?

- Saint Helens, OR, USA

Nov 012010

Tahoe

I have a 2007 Tahoe and the dashboard is cracked in two places. One is above the stearing wheel and the other is above the glove box on the passenger side. Ive always used a windshield protector when parked outside and the truck is parked in my garage every night. This seems to be a serious problem with this make and model vehicle and Chevrolet needs to correct it!

- Gulf Shores, AL, USA

Nov 132009

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

2007 Chevy Tahoe Z71, original owner- vehicle has had consistent problems with battery going dead since vehicle was new. Battery replaced by dealer. Unable to keep doors open with interior lighting on for more than 5 mins. Battery tender added and battery is trickle charged weekly to avoid dead battery. Interior lighting has been turned off to avoid dead battery. Dead batteries seem to be common on this year vehicle. I am unable to rely on this vehicle to start when I am on long trips from home. I carry a spare optima deep cycle battery & jumper cables with me when I take family on vacation.

- Penngrove, CA, USA

Nov 072010

Tahoe 8-cyl

The cluster readings turned off for a period of time while the vehicle was being driven and not able to see any speed nor gauges readouts during a period of over hour, stopped for gas and the vehicle did not started for 10 mins all cluster gauges not reading at all but able to turn the lights/radio etc.

- American Canyon , CA, USA

Jun 142009

Tahoe

Less than two weeks after I purchased the truck the battery I went to start the truck and the batter was dead. I got a jump for but a few days later, the same thing happened. I took my truck to the dealer and they replaced it however less than two months later, I had trouble starting it again; this time the car would take a few seconds to turn over when I turned the ignition and sometimes I would have to turn the key back and then try again before it started. I took my truck back in to the dealer and this time they replaced the starter. Over the last year, the ignition still does the same thing and if I sit and listen to the radio with the car off, the battery will die requiring a jump start. The battery went dead again about two weeks ago and while waiting for someone to give me a jump I tried the ignition again and this time the car started. Two days ago, I started my truck and all of the instruments were dead. I checked the fuses and they were fine so I started researching online to discover many more complaints of the same nature detailing electrical problems with the battery, starter and instrument panel. Two days after the instruments went out, again the truck wouldn't start when sitting with my truck off and my cell phone plugged into the charger. I waited 20 minutes and turned the ignition and after it clicked a few times, the car started and the instruments came back on. I'm tired of the dealer telling me they don't know what the problem could be when it's clearly an electrical defect and others are and have been having the same problem with 2007 Tahoe's. this needs to be remedied asap!

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Oct 062010

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe ltz. The contact stated the vehicle was parked in front of the residence and ignited into intense flames. The fire department extinguished the fire and the forensic investigator informed that the fire was related to a recall under NHTSA campaign id number 10V240000 (electrical systems). The contact did not receive a recall notification and experienced the consequence of a fire which was mentioned in the recall. The vehicle was repaired previously under the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 08V441000 (electrical system).the vehicle was completely destroyed. The manufacturer was notified and they advised that an independent investigator would inspect the vehicle to determine the cause of failure. The failure mileage was approximately 56,000.

- Archvale , NC, USA

Sep 102010

Tahoe

2007 Tahoe ltz. My Tahoe caught on fire as I was driving down the freeway on 9/10/10. I saw smoke in the back of my SUV as I was driving. I pulled over and looked in the back of the SUV. Flames were coming from the drivers side back end of the auto. It took the firemen 20 minutes to put the fire out. My insurance company is saying it must be mechanical, which they start to tell me that type of fire is not covered and they are not covering damages, which the SUV is totaled. But the fire was only in the rear of the SUV. I'm sure this will be a battle! other things are my windshield also comes on random times with the water spraying whenever it wants. Door handles in the middle of the handle was sharp and had to be replaced. Lettering on buttons doesn't seem to last. Lot's of seat belt problems.

- Coppell, TX, USA

May 012007

Tahoe

Battery dies out often, had it recharged more than 5 times since 2007...dashboard cracked on driver side about six months ago also. Now the "engine power reduced light comes on" and all of a sudden the car will go really slow and increase speed very slowly. Had this happen several times. Do not know the cause.

- Galt, CA, USA

Aug 032010

Tahoe

Early last week, I took my wife's vehicle to a local tire dealer close to my home to have four new tires put on. One of the tire pressure sensors was bad so I went & bought a new one so it could be replaced. While switch was on (engine not running), the tire man began to re-train the sensors. In the process of all this & being indoors & the head lights were on (again engine not running) the battery ran down & the vehicle would not start. He had to use a jump box to start the car. During the running of the engine every idiot light came on & started one at a time to go out. After I left I found that the only thing that was changed was the engine hours re-set to zero. I looked on-line & found that there are several blogs concerning the same as I have described above with the same result. So I contacted GM via email on their web site to tell them the above. They called me back & claimed they never heard of such. They suggested I talk to my local Chevrolet dealer & find out what needed to be done. I explained all the above to edwards Chevrolet in birmingham, al. The service manager ask if anything else was going on besides the engine hours? I told him no. He said I should not worry about it. The next day the GM man called me back & I told him what the service manager said & he said ok but I probably need an electronic control module (ECM) & I said I ain't buying nothing as nothing else was going on with the car. Now I have gotten several calls from a woman at GM saying she has talked to the service manager at edwards and he told her the problem did not happen at edwards (even after I told GM that edwards had nothing to do with this) & happened at a independent dealer (which I already stated) & now the GM woman says I need to purchase a new instrument cluster. Here's what I see, this is a GM issue, not the Chevrolet dealer or the independent tire dealer. I have said all I am going to GM about this matter & I hold them responsible for this. Maybe now a Ford"?????"

- Bessemer, AL, USA

Jun 012009

Tahoe

2007 Chevy Tahoe ltz has multiple electrical issues. Last year, I started noticing issues in May. Car exhibited random starting failures (no starter turning - like dead battery) which will resolve and begin functioning on its own after time passed. Battery was replaced by dealer with no resolution. Major fluctuations and activation of the warning lights in the dash ( ABS, suspension service, traction control, backup assistance, cruise control, check engine, all needle gauges fluctuate randomly, trip computer information deactivates randomly) noted during normal driving. Door locks also randomly lock while driving or idling. Windshield wipers periodically turn and washer fluid is expressed. The transmission shift roughly when these issues are being seen. Also, the air conditioner will cease cooling the air during these times but continue to run the blower fan ( just uncooled air). All these problems will come and go randomly. All these symptoms were reported and the car was taken to the dealer in summer 2009. Multiple cpu modules were replaced and the car seemed better. Now the issues are arising again and more frequently. The 2007 Tahoe ltz was taken to the dealer again yesterday. GM personnel were very confrontational when discussion the issues of a design/production/manufacturing defect, yet the service manager could practically recite verbatim the issues I was having as I started to describe the initial problems. He admitted that this was very common, and he stated the BCM could be out. That along with several other modules were replaced already last year. I have heard and read numerous similar problems on this year Tahoe. Someone within the regulating agencies needs to step in and force a review. GM already charged me $3000+ last year to "fix" this. Now, they are already balking at the idea that there is a GM manufacturing or quality issue causing all these frequent issues. The consumer needs to be protected.. soon.

- Gulfport, MS, USA