2007 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems: check engine & low oil pressure lights on

Check Engine & Low Oil Pressure Lights On

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

8.5

2. add a quart of oil every 2,000 miles (2 reports)
  3. go to dealer pitstops for a 1-2qts of oil every 1000m (1 reports)
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Oct 102014

Tahoe LTZ 5.3L

Out of the blue, error codes: traction control, stabilizer, check engine. Truck starts to shake violently.

Then error low oil, low engine oil, shut off engine.

- , Hebron, Indiana, USA

Mar 122014

Tahoe V8

I had this problem "fixed" in March by my mechanic, he changed out the whole oil sending unit and sensor and the fix only lasted until the next oil change and now it is a significant problem again! I wish my mechanic would of looked up the issue here instead of doing all that work and waste of money since that didn't seem to fix the issue!

- , SPENCER, Massachusetts, USA

Jan 232014

Tahoe LS 4.8L

Never again will I be suckered into buying Chevrolet. Message boards kept saying low oil pressure stop engine. Chevrolet says "Our best advice is a new engine". 7600.00 dollars. This truck is garbage. I have been fixing on this truck since I drove it off the lot. My previous vehicle Honda Accord had 700,000 miles same engine. Thats what I get for being a traitior. Excuse me if this doesnt help. I am mad as hell.

- , New Orleans, LA, USA

Apr 172012

Tahoe LS 5.3L

ok people i was warned by my co-worker, don't buy a chevy and didn't listen. now I'm paying for it, first it was my fuel pump at 46,000 miles, and oil consumption. I have to add oil every 1000 miles - bull s** .and now this morning on my way to work low oil pressure light and message comes on, had to pull over shut off motor, this is it for me. I pay $38,000 for this junk and now is out the door, trading this junk for something else maybe a ford or toyota.

- , West Hills, CA, USA

Jan 012011

Tahoe LTZ V8

I AM DONE WITH CHEVROLET. I LOVE THE WAY MY TAHOE RIDES, AND EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT IT-HATE THE OIL ISSUE SO EARLY IN THE OWNERSHIP, AND I HATE THE SENSORS ON THE TIRE PRESSURE THAT IS ALWAYS ON.

THE DEALERSHIP, TUSCALOOSA CHEVROLET HAS BEEN SORRY IN THEIR HANDLING OF THE PROBLEM. THEY COULD HAVE FIXED IT WHILE IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY AND CHOSE NOT TO. THEY HAD ME WASTE DAYS BRINGING IT IN FOR "OIL CONSUMPTION" STUDIES. THEY ALSO MAY BE A LITTLE SHADY ON WARRANTY ISSUES. STATING THINGS HAVE BEEN DONE, THAT MIGHT NOT HAVE......ALL I CAN SAY FOR NOW. MAY HIRE AN ATTORNEY.

- , Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Jul 162009

Tahoe LT 5.3L

I'm just another poor soul who spent $40000 for an oil sucking, mirror rattling PIECE. I've seen better quality on a Hyundai. Don't even get me started on the side molding that has stained and turned brown.

- , Lillington, NC, USA

May 102010

Tahoe LT V8 5.3L

I own, an am still paying for a 2007 Chevy Tahoe V8 5.3L. Has all the bells and whistles to keep the kids happy on long trips that we can no longer take, without a case of oil in the back. Oil consumption is unreal!!!!! I would really like to go public on this issue and a few more in regaurds to this unpredictable motor and a dealership who wants to keep us all in a vehicle that can possibly blow at anytime. I can understand adding oil on an older vehicle with 200,000 miles or more, but the old Suburban I traded in with 230,000m burned less than this new one and didn't cost me 40,000.00. I bought a new car for reliability and I do not feel that my 2007 Tahoe is reliable anymore. Cannot decide if I would stay with Chevy for a newer vehicle at this point.

How many other people are getting the run around from Chevy/GM? If this is normal to burn high amounts of oil, then why is this the only Chevy/GMC 5.3L motor that burns excessive oil?

My Husbands 2000 Duramax Dually that pulls en excess of 10000lbs all the time does not burn a drop of oil. Not to mention he has 180,000m on its motor!

Are there any problem like this with 2008 Chevys/GMC and newer?

- , Folsom, CA, USA

Feb 102010

Tahoe LS 5.3L

At 70000 miles check engine light came on. Bad oil sending switch. Then a warning light came on saying low oil pressure, shut off motor. Had oil sending switch replace. $480.00. Drove vehicle home and on way it the computer says shut down motor, low oil pressure. At this time the problem is unresolved. Now I have been advised that screens in oil system maybe plugged up. Another $500 day.

- , Plainfield, IL, USA