2007 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Apr 012013

Tahoe

Dash cracked in what appears to be very common spots, just above instrument panel, and in the corner nearest the top left of the passenger airbag cover. This could be very dangerous in an accident, and is a known defect that Chevy is choosing to ignore.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Sep 012015

Tahoe

Dashboard cover is cracked in multiple places.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 052011

Tahoe

Hi, I own a 2007 Chevrolet ls Tahoe and my concern is that my front dash has developed a crack about 8" on the left side of the instrumentation cluster, the giant crack has started to appear to be gaping open, and it's starting to sag, and has also cracked on the above the top driver side dash air bag, , at the top center dash area just above the passenger right side air bag, but it's 2 individual cracks. I always have parked most of the majority of the time in my garage or I try to find shaded areas to park.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Apr 052016

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked with the potential of sharp shrapnel being broken up and causing injury in case of airbag deployment.

- East Boston, MA, USA

Mar 142016

Tahoe

Dash significantly cracking and splitting

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Aug 152014

Tahoe

"takata recall" I own a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe the dashboard is severely cracked. I am concern that a piece might break and cause damage to the airbag. I have attempted to get this corrected through GM with no resolve. I have checked and found this is a common occurrence on this year model.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jan 012015

Tahoe

2007 Tahoe with 100K miles. Dashboard has been cracked since before 100K and chrome peeling from door handles causing occasional cuts to hands when opening doors. Dealer has refused to do anything and both are expensive repairs. Don't plan to buy another GM product - they don't stand behind their products.

- Smyrna, GA, USA

Mar 242016

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked in three locations. 1st and 2nd: Over passenger side airbag from upper corners of the airbag to the air-vent panel 3rd: Approximately 8 inches along the top of the driver instrument panel to the air-vent panel. Additional separation between panels is created during temperature changes or running the heater in cold weather. Have had two dealerships tell me it is a normal, known, and reoccurring problem with the body-style but offered to replace it for over $1,000.

- Lansing, KS, USA

Mar 242016

Tahoe

My dash has cracked over the instrument panel starting at around 65K miles I noticed it and it also has cracked over the passenger side airbag causing the dash to separate from the airbag which would cause part of the dash to potentially shatter upon airbag deployment causing serious or fatal injury.

- Lithia, FL, USA

Mar 032015

Tahoe

Unexplained cracking in the dash near and around the airbags.

- Pottstown, PA, USA

Mar 012016

Tahoe

My dashboard keeps cracking. It has been replaced once already and it is cracking again. I contacted the dealership concerning the problem and was informed that it would cost me $1100 to repair the dashboard. GM should fix this problem with their vehicles concerning this defect.

- Silver Creek, GA, USA

Jan 102016

Tahoe

Takata recall: My truck has a 8" crack on driver's dashboard. Worry that it damage all the electronic inside of it. Moves and cracks as the truck is moving. Another 3" crack located on the airbag opening. Very concern that it can affect the ability of the airbag. 2nd owner of the truck and bought it Jan 2016

- Chicago Hts, IL, USA

Feb 012015

Tahoe

Dash board has multiple cracks on driver and passenger side.

- Encinitas, CA, USA

Feb 012014

Tahoe

The dash is cracking all over and it started at 70,000 miles. The deep concern that we have is in an accident that pieces of plastic will fly as the airbags are deployed. That can permanently injur eyes or cut body parts. This is a manufacturer defect and they should recall before someone is permanently injured. Look on facebook their is a group of over 3,000 people with same problem. 07-13 GM cracked dash safety hazard for all trucks.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 152007

Tahoe

Dash board cracked reported under warranty @ dealer located in bellglade, Florida..never got dash replaced..wondering if you got similar coplaints for crack dash

- Clewiston, FL, USA

Feb 072010

Tahoe

My car's dash has been cracked since 2010 when it was only 3 years old. The cracks are all over, but specifically on the passenger side air bag and above the steering wheel. I do not know what caused the cracks. I also have peeling door handles that have cut my fingers as well as my children's fingers.

- Chickasaw, AL, USA

Feb 102016

Tahoe

Rear end went out at 150K. Dash cracked near passenger airbag radio don't work if it's raining

- Nashville, TN, USA

Nov 012012

Tahoe

Cracking in dashboard cause potential safety hazard upon deployment

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jul 192015

Tahoe

Passenger side of the dashboard is cracked around the airbag. There is also a large crack in the dashboard directly behind the instrument cluster. I am concerned that if the airbag was to deploy, there would be projectiles from the dashboard.

- Dundee, OR, USA

Jan 302010

Tahoe

My dashboard is cracked from the drivers side all the away across the top to pass anger side..... past warranty and dealership won't pay for it. I am worry about the safety if the air bags are deployed. Where is all that broken dashboard going to go? please help get this fixed. I worry about the safety of my children. There was nothing that specifically happened I just noticed one day it was starting to crack,

- Bartlett, TN, USA