2007 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 4 of 6)

Jan 012010

Tahoe

There are 3 cracks on my dash. There are 2 cracks on corners of drivers side at airbag and 1 crack on drivers side airbag. All 3 cracks are of great cocern to my familys safety. Im not sure when the cracks happened.

- Theodore, AL, USA

Jan 012015

Tahoe

Dashboard cracks in all GM vehicles near the passenger airbag. Not sure if it affects the airbag but will definitely send sharp plastic parts flying if airbag is needed.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jun 012015

Tahoe

Takata complaint dash broke above steering wheel and passenger airbag.

- Garvin, OK, USA

Jan 012015

Tahoe

Dash board cracked over stringing wheel and pass. Air bag

- Nash, TN, USA

Jun 012010

Tahoe

At 56000 I began to notice sally cracks to the passenger side dash on the corner of the housing for the passenger airbag. I took it to the dealership but this was not a covered item in my warranty. Shortly after, the cracks have extended and are approximately 2-3 inches in length. Also a crack above the instrument cluster began and has traveled to the front of the dash. The concern and immediate danger is that if the air bags were to deploy, the excerpted force would either send shrapnel from the dashboard in to the personnel in the vehicle causing a greater risk of serious traumatic injury or possibly death. Additionally it is possible that the sharp edges created by the cracks could potentially pierce the airbag preventing it from fully deploying as intended and thus rendering it in affective and not adhering to safety standards, again resulting in possible loss of life or sever traumatic injury.

- Great Mills, MD, USA

Jan 312009

Tahoe

Dash has cracked in two separate areas. One above the driver side instrument panel and one above the passenger side airbag. I called two different Chevrolet dealerships on two separate occasions, neither of which willing to correct or report to GM. Entire repair would be at owner expense. Dash has had very little sunlight exposure.

- Dyersburg, TN, USA

Jan 182012

Tahoe

The dashboard is cracked.

- Mckenzie, TN, USA

Dec 032015

Tahoe

I've been a proud Chevy owner for years. But very disappointed that the cracked dash issue is not being resolved. I have a crack above my steering wheel and above my passenger side air bag. I don't think this many complaints are just a concidence. I don't see how it's not a safety issue considering it's cracking by airbags. Plus I thought Chevrolet had a higher standard for their vehicles. Also more concerned on making the consumer happy and proud to own a Chevrolet. I hope they change their minds.

- Horn Lake, MS, USA

Sep 212010

Tahoe

Dash board crack. The crack appears to have compromised the dashboard all the way to the passenger-side airbag and a much larger crack above the instrument panel. If something were to happen...I was in a wreck, and the airbag were to deploy...there's shards of dash going through the cab. I am the original owner on this 2007 Tahoe.

- Nevada City, CA, USA

May 142013

Tahoe

Dashboard has cracked in three places because of no fault of my own

- Adamsville, TN, USA

Jun 102015

Tahoe

I have had my Tahoe since 2009 and since that time I have had 3 cracks in the dashboard. I am concerned that this problem will affect the airbags in they get worse. I also think that it is a manufacturing defect as my husband's 2008 Silverado has the same problem. They are both kept in a garage.

- Hernando, MS, USA

Feb 022015

Tahoe

There is a crack in the dashboard near the airbag.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jun 022011

Tahoe

Crack in dashboard above passenger airbag door.

- Germantown, TN, USA

Jun 042014

Tahoe

Dash board has cracks for no reason. Worried it may cause problems if involved in an accident. Cracked above steering wheel and on pass side around air bag.

- Brownsville, TN, USA

Oct 012014

Tahoe

The dash is starting to crack. There is one crack by the passenger side air back and another just above the gauge cluster. I'm unsure if the vehicle was stationary or in motion when the dash cracked.

- York, PA, USA

Dec 192015

Tahoe

I was driving and the engine light the traction light and the tire monitor system light lit up then the sign said engine power reduce and then the car engine started shaking really bad.

- East Palo Alto, CA, USA

Jun 052013

Tahoe

I am making a complaint on 2007 Tahoe. I have had the Tahoe since 2010 and I have had problems with the dash ever since. I have had a replacement dash installed and two years later it cracked again. This time it is much worse. I have cracks all over and even cracks that butt up to the airbag box. I think this is not safe since pieces of the dash could fly off if the airbag is deployed and could seriously cause more damage to the driver and passenger. Also, the crack could interfere with the way that the airbag comes out of the box. This could cause improper inflation or even a rip in the airbag. I think that this part should be recalled since thousands of Chevy people are having the same problem. I have seen many pictures of peoples dashes that have the same concerns. Please review these cases and understand that this simple cosmetic piece could have major affects.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Jun 062009

Tahoe

The dashboard has cracked in several places and is becoming a safety issue as well as being an annoyance (excessive rattling) and aesthetic issue. The plastic dashboard is becoming loose and unstable. We are finding this is a common issue with 2007 Tahoe. GM does not appear to be concerned with this issue and has failed to issue a recall. We are concerned in the event of an airbag deployment, the cracked dash will break away and cause plastic shrapnel, impaling the driver and or passenger/S in the vehicle. This has certainly created a safety concern!

- Deer Park, TX, USA

Nov 132015

Tahoe

This dash crack on 2007 Chevy Tahoe seems to be common in this years SUV's and trucks. As seen on forums/youtube concerning this dash crack, it could be possible that in a collision, the cracked plastic dash can act as shrapnel when airbags deploy. Please run some tests on this as I have little ones and wouldn't want them in harms way.

- Milpitas, CA, USA

Oct 012009

Tahoe

My exterior door handles are breaking off. I have had all four replaced and now have two that have broken again. They are made of cheap plastic and held on the door with plastic that just breaks loose when pulled on. Also the plastic coating on the interior door handles is peeling off causing sharp edges. I am so disappointed in this GM product. This is the most expensive vehicle that I have ever purchased and by far the poorest quality. My dash is also cracked in multpile places starting with the left corner of the passenger air bag and now above the instrument panel.

- Burleson, TX, USA