2007 Chevrolet Tahoe seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 5 of 7)

Jun 042013

Tahoe

Dash is brittle and cracked around airbag, might cause a price to be broke off and projected into my wife or kids face causing death.

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Apr 022010

Tahoe 8-cyl

The dash has two cracks around the airbag housing and three other cracks (2 over 5" long). Concern is mainly at airbag location as I am not sure if this affects the stability of the airbag, if the airbag will perform properly in a collision, or if the plastic pieces will become projectiles in the event of airbag deployment.

- Long Beach, MS, USA

Mar 162014

Tahoe 8-cyl

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. Attorney representing consumer writes in regards to airbag deployment failure. The consumer stated he was hit by another vehicle, when he proceeded though an intersection...updated 06/27/14 pictures received. 06/30/14

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

May 022014

Tahoe 8-cyl

The right side of my dash at the pass. Air bag cracked about two inches well driving down I 95.

- Hinesville, GA, USA

Jan 252013

Tahoe

Two cracks have appeared in the dash, one of them is on the right side passenger side where the air bag is the second one is driver side on top. I'm concerned that the air bag is compromised, and could be a safety hazard.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Apr 072014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Car has cracks in dashboard with loose pieces of plastic around airbag. Worried that if the airbag deploys, pieces of sharp plastic could injure someone.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 092013

Tahoe 8-cyl

I noticed a crack in my dashboard about 5 months ago. This crack is directly beside the passenger side airbag and is about 1-2 inches long. The opposite end of the crack (not connected to the airbag) has splintered off into more than just one crack. My concern is if the air bag is deployed, will this cause shattering and debris to fly into the face of my passengers and myself?

- Washington, NC, USA

Jan 152014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Gaping crack that runs into air bag area, the exact same as the thousands of people who have also had this issue - google search GM Yukon and Tahoe cracked dash groups.

- Baskin, LA, USA

Mar 072014

Tahoe 8-cyl

While vehicle was sitting still not running, not in use. Vehicle was setting in my driveway, weather was around 45-50 degrees and the dash cracked in 3 spots, 2 spaces above the instrument cluster and one over the air bag area., I have did extensive research on internet and verified that there is several cases of this happening in this particuler make/model and year of vehicle. If there was an accident the material from the dash cracking could cause cuts/or extensive wounds by producing flying debis from the air bag going off since the dash is cracking over the air bags. I have contacted GM/Chevrolet and had the vehicle inspected per their request, they didn't admit there wasn't a manufacturing flaw but they denied repairing the vehicle stating that I wasn't the original owner even though I bought GM dealreship. The service department where the vehicle was inspected verified the cracks in the dash and they were very large.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA

Jan 282014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Vehicle #1 (my 2007 Tahoe LT3) was traveling North on hwy 278 in powder springs, ga. Vehicle 2 (Toyota 4runner) was traveling South. Vehicle 2 crossed center line and went into a spin crashing into the door and right front wheel and fender which propelled/launched my 2007 Tahoe across one lane of traffic into the guard rail striking the guard rail with my passenger front fender and bumper. My Tahoe was totaled by insurance. Onstar which I have paid for since 2007 did not register the crash and my air bags did not deploy. I suffered severe whiplash from being hit in the driver side then an second impact as I hit the guard rail. My seat belts protected me from the driver side impact; however, because my right shoulder and side of my body thrown across the Tahoe console for the impact of the guard rail, I suffered injuries to the right side of my body as well. The left impact and then the right side impact caused severe whiplash and ensuing headaches.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Jan 032011

Tahoe 8-cyl

Cracked front dash on right side near air bag afraid that it could deploy prematurely.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 032009

Tahoe

In our 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe the dash is cracked just above the passenger side airbag which could cause serious injury in a crash. The interior wiring must be faulty, the passenger window sometimes won't roll down from drivers side, but sometimes it will. Also our battery mounts different than what is called for in automotive centers (top mount, not side) making it difficult to order proper battery for this vehicle.

- Haysi, VA, USA

Jan 202012

Tahoe

Chevy Tahoe dash cracked and began breaking apart. Crack above passenger airbag that would likely result in sharp projectiles if airbag deployed. Crack also occurred above instrument cluster. Dash was replaced in January 2012 and then cracked and had to be replaced again approx. 1.5 years later in 2013. This is a major defect. A google search of Chevy Tahoe/Suburban cracked dash will illustrate the extent of this defect.

- Atlantic Beach, FL, USA

Jan 052014

Tahoe 8-cyl

I am concerned about the safety during a collision or airbag deployment from sharp plastic exposed due to the cracks in the dash cutting the airbag or shards of plastic becoming projectiles potentially causing injury to occupants. The dash in the truck cracked out of no where and is very poorly made. This should be replaced asap by automaker.

- Milpitas, CA, USA

Jan 242014

Tahoe 8-cyl

I got into my car at 1pm and found a crack above the instrument panel and another where the airbag should deploy on the dashboard.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Nov 122008

Tahoe 8-cyl

The dash cracked on the passenger side at the corner of where the passenger airbag deploys. Approximately two weeks ago a larger crack appeared on the driver side dash above the instrument cluster. GM knows this is a rampant issue but fails to show integrity and take responsibility for the thousands of cracked dashes in Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche, Sierra, and Silverado trucks.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jan 152014

Tahoe 8-cyl

At 90,000 miles, all of my rear bearings were bad and had to have them replaced, basically a whole new rear end. Luckily it was covered under the 100,000 mile power train warranty. I have only towed a trailer twice with my Tahoe, so obviously a defect somewhere. Second issue is that there are 2 cracks on the dashboard; one in the area of the passenger side air bag, and the other on the backside of the drivers side steering column. These both occurred about the same time, around 100,000 miles. Obviously this is a widespread issue. GM needs to be replacing these dashboards on their dime and not expecting the customer to foot the bill for this defective product. It is definitely a safety issue. Should the airbag system have to deploy, pieces of plastic would become projectiles that would harm anyone inside the vehicle. The third issue I have, that began today at 109,000 miles, are involving the instrument panel. The speedometer did not work, the light that indicates which gear you are in did not come on, and the seat belt light and air bag light were on even though I was wearing my seat belt. I'm not sure what is causing this, and I'm hoping it is just a bad fuse. I am so dicouraged with my Tahoe lately. All of these little things going wrong have really made me leary of buying another GM product, and I've been excited about the 2015 redesign. Not so much now.

- Orange, TX, USA

Dec 192012

Tahoe 8-cyl

Upon purchasing my 2007 Tahoe used I noticed 2 cracks on dashboard. The one on the passenger side is cracked at corner of airbag which is concerning due to an airbag deployment shards of plastic could be turn ed into projectiles. Noticed there are many, many of the same vehicles with identical cracks and locations of them. Thanks

- Connellsville, PA, USA

Aug 152013

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

There are dashboard cracks in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe. One of the cracks is 2" long, near the passenger side airbag. I have done extensive research on this problem to see if its an anomaly. It isn't. I am a member of a facebook group who currently has 250 members and have the exact same defect. It appears this is a manufacturing defect. The cracks are in the same location among hundreds, if not thousands of consumers. I am worried the crack on the passenger side of the dash is a hazard if the air bag is deployed. I can imagine shards of plastic causing serious injury to the passenger. The cost to replace the dash is between $1,000-$1,500. There are members of the facebook group who have had 3 dashes replaced because GM refuses to fix the defect. Please refer to this youtube video where it shows the cracks on several GMC and Chevy autos. www.youtube.com/watch"V=3ikscklf7G8 please see the facebook group for more confirmation and information on the defect. Https://www.facebook.com/groups/251892298253/ currently the NHTSA has 98 complaints filed online relating to the dash cracks, but they have yet to initiate an investigation. www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov/owners/searchvehicles also my service air bag light continues to come up and they tell me they cant find the problem and I asked if the crack in the dash on air bag affects that and they also replied they did not know that the code just says somewhere on the passenger side and now I will have to wait until something brakes.

- Sanger, CA, USA

May 082013

Tahoe 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, the front and rear side air bags deployed erroneously. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where it was advised that the insurance company should inspect the vehicle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 75,000.

- Flushing, NY, USA