2007 Chevrolet Tahoe seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 5 of 7)

Oct 012014

Tahoe 8-cyl

I have two cracks in my dashboard. One is huge over the drivers side control cluster and the second, I believe, poses a big safety concern. The second crack is at the corner of the passenger airbag. I'm concerned that the airbag will not deploy with this defect and if it does the sharp edges/shards of the dash will either injure the passenger and/or others in the car, or rip the airbag making it useless. Airbags are a legal requirement. I have been on many forums and pages regarding the Chevy Tahoe and there are hundreds of people with this very same problem. I really believe GM/Chevy should order a recall. I also have a minor claim about the rubber on the steering wheel and the paint on the stereo/climate control buttons. All of which is peeling off. I have also see hundreds of writings about this problem. We have already had to replace the steering wheel and stereo/climate control. And the problem persisted on the new items. I paid way to much for the vehicle to be doing this. I also have no intentions of getting a new car; however, as they problem persist, especially the safety issues. I just may be forced to.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 042014

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

There are two cracks in my dashboard around the airbag areas. This should never happen! wondering if it will affect my airbags from working properly.

- Boise, ID, USA

Sep 012014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dashboard cracked at left corner of airbag as well as cracking above the left side of the instrument panel. The crack over the airbag concerns me in that my airbag may not deploy correctly in the event of an accident or may cause significant harm from chards of plastic.

- Irmo, SC, USA

Jan 012014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dash is cracked in 3 places as of today 9/30/14 and one place is next to the passenger side airbag.

- Lindale, TX, USA

Apr 162013

Tahoe

My dashboard cracked and I'm concerned about my airbags. I guess a lot of the Chevy Tahoe have had issues with the dashboard cracking.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Apr 302014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Passenger side dash cracked adjacent to airbag, very concerned about integrity of airbag system and possible safety issue.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Aug 122012

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked on both driver and passenger side near airbags. My fear is that due to that the airbags wont function properly.

- Garland, TX, USA

Sep 202010

Tahoe 8-cyl

My dash cracked, on it's own. I'm sure this has to effect my airbag functionality. I have a huge crack on my driver's side behind the steering wheel.

- Tracy, CA, USA

Jul 022012

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dashboard cracks with sharp edges around airbag causing noisy airbag area vibration and separation form dashboard, it is scary thing to have when my wife or one of the kids in the vehicle with me.

- Houston , TX, USA

Jul 162014

Tahoe

Dash around airbags is cracking and failing. It's a very common problem and GM refuses to rectify. Conceivably a piece of dash could break off during an airbag deployment.

- Florence, SC, USA

Jun 112010

Tahoe 8-cyl

I have had the dash crack in 4 different places; two on the driver side on each side of the steering column and two other around the airbag. The two around the airbag have made it so that there is free piece of plastic that is not secured by anything. I am afraid that if the air bag was to deploy then this piece would cause great bodily harm to anyone in the vehicle. The manufacturer knows of this issue and is not offering to replace the dash without some sort of compensation.

- Mary Esther, FL, USA

Jul 072014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Dash cracked where the passenger air bag is located. I fear that the air bags will puncture if deployed or the passenger will be injured due to dash pieces being projected at them.

- Allen, TX, USA

Jun 012013

Tahoe 8-cyl

My vehicle have several severe cracks in the dashboard from poor quality materials. This defect is causing concern about the safety during a collision or airbag deployment from sharp plastic exposed due to the cracks in the dash cutting the airbag or shards of plastic becoming projectiles potentially causing injury to occupants.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Jun 042013

Tahoe

Dash is brittle and cracked around airbag, might cause a price to be broke off and projected into my wife or kids face causing death.

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Apr 022010

Tahoe 8-cyl

The dash has two cracks around the airbag housing and three other cracks (2 over 5" long). Concern is mainly at airbag location as I am not sure if this affects the stability of the airbag, if the airbag will perform properly in a collision, or if the plastic pieces will become projectiles in the event of airbag deployment.

- Long Beach, MS, USA

Mar 162014

Tahoe 8-cyl

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. Attorney representing consumer writes in regards to airbag deployment failure. The consumer stated he was hit by another vehicle, when he proceeded though an intersection...updated 06/27/14 pictures received. 06/30/14

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

May 022014

Tahoe 8-cyl

The right side of my dash at the pass. Air bag cracked about two inches well driving down I 95.

- Hinesville, GA, USA

Jan 252013

Tahoe

Two cracks have appeared in the dash, one of them is on the right side passenger side where the air bag is the second one is driver side on top. I'm concerned that the air bag is compromised, and could be a safety hazard.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Apr 072014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Car has cracks in dashboard with loose pieces of plastic around airbag. Worried that if the airbag deploys, pieces of sharp plastic could injure someone.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 092013

Tahoe 8-cyl

I noticed a crack in my dashboard about 5 months ago. This crack is directly beside the passenger side airbag and is about 1-2 inches long. The opposite end of the crack (not connected to the airbag) has splintered off into more than just one crack. My concern is if the air bag is deployed, will this cause shattering and debris to fly into the face of my passengers and myself?

- Washington, NC, USA