2008 Chevrolet Tahoe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Dec 202015

I have the same problem with the cracked dashboard as hundreds of other people and the more serious concern is that my brakes go out when I am stopping sometimes causing my car to jolt forward and it sometimes does the same with the gas when I am starting to drive, where it will stall and jolt forward. The dealership has "fixed" the problem two or three times replacing first the hybrid battery and then the regular battery. Neither truly fix it. A couple of days ago, I came within inches of hitting another car because my brakes went out again. I know it has something to do with being a hybrid because there are hundreds of others with the same vehicle who have had the same problem.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

May 122016

Complain to dealer prior to GM warranty expiration and extended warranty expiration but now that warranty expired willing to investigate. Constant P0300 random misfire detected on cylinder 5. misfires over 20 times within 60 seconds via GM fast test (launch software version V44.30) happen at idle or in motion leveling / suspension / stability system constantly alert during motion. Also have crack on dash that leads to passenger airbag. If remote start is used loud grinding can be herd after idle for approximately 8 minutes or sooner.

- Marion, SC, USA

Jul 012012

Dash has 2 large cracks above the instrument panel and another one at the passenger airbag. During operation, stabilitrak light comes on, all gauges go to zero, doors begin locking/unlocking, vehicle loses power, radio goes out and clock resets, lights flash, and battery dies as soon as ignition is turned off. Numerous calls to GM and visits to dealership. No fix as of yet. This has been going on for years. Now odometer has reset to zero.

- Jackson, TN, USA

Aug 112012

While traveling out of town stabilitrac disabled engine power reduced on the highway. I had to pull over to the shoulder since speed was reduced. I had to turn off vehicle for a few minutes to let the ECM reset the fault. I distracted driver rearended the vehicle when I was stranded with my family inside the vehicle.

- Laredo , TX, USA

Apr 222015

I have had my 2008 Chevy Tahoe to the dealers 4 times due to stabilatrack light comes on, then my windows continue to click brake lights quit working windows won't roll up or down and sometimes the vehicle will not start. On the third time they said it was the mega fuse and replaced it. Everything seemed fixed. I parked the car in the garage and pulled it out approximately 7 months later to get to my shelves and when I went to pull it back in the same situation happened again. I have not taken back to the dealer yet due to the extreme costs that I have continued to pay the previous time for it not to be fixed.. it effects the complete electrical system to the vehicle.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Nov 072012

While driving the vehicle, the stopped blowing and then begin to start blowing about 20minutes later. The vehicle also begin to smell of smoke at one point. The control buttons for the rear passenger windows stop working. The speakers begin to go in/ out of play and the rear windows would only work from the driver's door control. The window button then begin to control the level that the hat would blow at. Door controls stop working for some doors at a stop and the door would only open from the outside. After starting the vehicle, the door would then begin to work again. Electrical controls for the child proof were inoperable for backseat passengers. Speakers going in/ out of play while driving and the heater blower also going in/ out of working condition. Window control would make the speakers come on/ off at times. Battery would be drain from electrical problems and need a jump-off to begin back working. Battery, starter and alternator checks at dealership were perform with no problems noted but vehicle would still do unfamiliar things such as heater blower, speakers and control switches performing at their own times. Heater voltage draining the battery and also causing electrical problems. Vehicle will not perform as expected due to malfunctions of electrical modules and unknown control modules affecting the heater, speakers, windows and doors.

- Sparta, GA, USA

Jan 012009

Tahoe 8-cyl

1. door locks failed. Have been replaced multiple times. As a result, my 7 week old baby got locked in the car in 100 degree weather in August. It continues to be an issue and often I have to resort in climbing through the back tailgate. 2. stabilitrack and traction control lights flash. Sometimes after these lights flash, my vehicle will go into "reduced power mode" on its on which is very dangerous going 65 mph or pulling out from somewhere. wipers work when they want to...ever since the two recalls Chevrolet released, the work intermittently when they want to. 4. major electrical issues with these vehicles....I have replaced the battery four times and something continues to drain it.

- Lexington , SC, USA

Jul 182011

Tahoe 8-cyl

I was on the freeway in pretty heavy traffic. The traffic started to disperse and as I accelerated, the notification chime came on and the dash message said "stabilitrack off, traction control off, engine power is reduced". I could not drive any faster than about 20mph and it was jerking a bit. I pulled over and pushed the onstar button. They sent a tow truck and after sitting on the road for about an hour, when I started the truck again, the message was gone. I had it towed to the dealer anyway, and was told that it is a sensor problem, which is not covered under the powertrain warranty. I have a friend that has a 2007 Tahoe and she had the same problem. Also, according to a few message boards, many other people have had this problem also.

- Buena Park, CA, USA