2008 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jul 112012

Tahoe 8-cyl

While I was driving the air conditioner blower quit blowing and today when I went to a dealer for help he told me how to diagnose the fan relay, but it performed correctly. He also told me that he has seen before on the Tahoe the A/C fan harness has melted before on this type of vehicle.

- Stigler , OK, USA

Sep 082009

I was driving my truck to a softball game when I drove into the parking lot I noticed a burning smell. I parked in the parking lot and the smell got stronger. I didn't realize the smoke was coming from my hood until I got out of the vehicle. Two citizens that were walking by noticed the smoke and helped me open my hood and about thirty seconds later flames started coming up out of the engine by the upper right driver's side. A guy poured poweraide on the flames and it went out. After I made an insurance claim and called GM I found out it was the heated washer fluid that caused the fire. There was a recall on this specific item and I was informed they had fixed this recall in Jan. Of 2009. I purchased the vehicle in April of 2009 not knowing there had ever been a recall on my vehicle. GM has not even sent a representative from their company to look at it or take care of the problem. I am having to pay for a rental car out of my own pockets to get to and from work.

- Buda , TX, USA