1.3

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Aug 072015

Tahoe

Dash, radio lights not working

- Rock Hill, SC, USA

Feb 132013

Tahoe 8-cyl

Around feburary of this year my vehicle begin to idle out of control and was attempting to gun off evertime I tried to put it in drive, according to GM they were already aware of the issues and said they had an extended warranty on the throttle body for my 2008 Chevy Tahoe. My car did exactly what GM said it would do to confirm it was the throttle body but the GM service department denied the issue claiming it was a loose vacum hose and would not replace the throttle body. My vehicle still does not operate as it should which I know is due to the throttle body issue. Thousands of owners have confirmed the same issue and obviously GM knows about the issues but chooses to go around it by calling it an extended warranty which makes the replacement conditional. I am 100% sure that I and milllions of Tahoe owners know this she be a recall and not a so called extended warranty to get around the expense of making a recall. When the issue occured I went flying down the freeway with minimal ability to slow the vehicle down, I had to drive my vehicle to the shop by riding my breaks because the vehicles throttle body would not let the trucks RPM go below X3000. GM is continuing to ignore this serious issue and will untill someone dies instead of taking responsiblilty and making the recall to prevent the loss of life.

- Dallas, TX, USA