2.5

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Sep 122016

Tahoe

Dash has cracked by the passenger airbag and also on the driver side at the joint and climbing towards the steering hump. The cracks showed up almost at the same time. No impact to the dash and only wipe them down with a damp cloth or duster.

- Claymont, DE, USA

Feb 142016

Tahoe

My dash has 2 cracks that have appeared under normal driving conditions. The dash is starting to bounce as I drive and im worried it will become separated and hit someone in the truck. There are so many Tahoe owners who have this same problem, it is obvious that it is a defective part. I have a crack in the center and 1 over the driver side gauges.

- Durham, NC, USA

Apr 182016

Tahoe

I bought the 2009 used Chevy Tahoe on August 1st 2015. I began to notice the plastic dashboard close to the passenger airbag began to crack and vibrate. The vibration got so bad that the crack spread and a new crack appeared on the plastic dash above the speedometer. Both cracks make the entire dash rattle when the car is driven over 45 mph. I am worried that if the airbags were to deploy, the plastic will fly into the passengers in the vehicle. I've tried contact covert GMC in austin, tx where I bought the vehicle and they said I had to spend $1300 to replace this defect.

- Austin, TX, USA

Oct 122015

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the dashboard was cracked in four places and the engine compartment was exposed. In addition, the door lock actuators failed on all four doors and the running boards failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Mar 022016

Tahoe

There is a crack in the airbag area of the dashboard. I reported this to GM in March 2016 and they refuse to correct the issue. Today, there is a new crack on the dashboard near the drivers side now. This is a known issue with these cars. The same thing happened to my 2007 Chevy Avalanche, and in 2010, GM replaced it without any issues. Now with the Tahoe, they refuse. The vehicle is parked under a garage awning and we never use anything but a dry rag to clean the dashboards. This is no fault of ours, and appears to be a known issue with Chevy manufacturing.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jul 112015

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. While cleaning the vehicle, it was discovered that the dashboard was cracked. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 68,000.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Apr 082014

Tahoe

Dash has cracked in two place. The same thing has happened in our 2011 chev. Silverado pick up.

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Apr 102013

Tahoe

Dash board crack around passenger air bag. Left inside upper corner. Vehicle was parked at time it happened. No chemical have been used on dash and no heavy objects have ever been placed on dashboard. Dashboard has become very unstable around passenger airbag

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jan 122016

Tahoe

Dashboard craked from one end of the passenger side to the other end of the drivers side. Its being going on over time, I can only think it happened when is stationary. However, it might of cracked when driving aswell.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Sep 252014

Tahoe

I own a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe that the dash board all of a sudden began showing cracks, within a peroid of 3 months after noticing, these cracks have traveled up the dash board above instrument panel, and at passenger side air bag cover. Eventually the dash will fall completely in. I am concerned that if the passenger air bag is deployed, the dash is so brital that fragments of the dash will cause severe cuts, and bodily harm with the possibilty of death.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Jan 012013

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracking on passenger side around airbag also on drivers side above steering colum. I have 2 cracks on each side of my dashboard. I have other people that own the same make, model and year that are having the same problem.

- Greenville, MS, USA

Aug 312015

Tahoe

Dashboard cracked near airbag module. Presents a potential hazard of dashboard shattering upon airbag deployment

- West Hills, CA, USA

Sep 092015

Tahoe

The dash board is cracked in three different spots and one is right at the passenger air bag. The dealership will not fix cause it's not under warranty. I feel like this is a safety hazard and GM needs to fix this issue.

- Liberty Hill, TX, USA

May 132015

Tahoe

I have two cracks in my dash board right by where my air bags are. One is on the passenger side and the other is on the driver side. I view this has a safety hazard, if for some reason I am in a wreck I do not know how this would affect myself or my daughter or even if this would prevent the air bags from deploying. I have contacted my local dealership and waiting to hear back from them what GM will do about this situation..replace..repair etc.

- Waxahachie, TX, USA

Jan 012014

Tahoe 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the dashboard exhibited severe cracks near the passenger front air bag area. The fracture extended to the drivers steering wheel area. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The technician advised that the dash board needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not replaced. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure mileage was 98,000. MA 10/5

- Denhan Springs, LA, USA

Jul 072015

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the dashboard cracked near the instrument cluster. The crack was approximately 3 inches long. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 68,000.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Nov 142013

Tahoe 8-cyl

Left side rear door lock actuator does not function, will not lock or unlock with either manual button on armrest or remote keyfob. Assembly receives an electrical signal to lock/unlock but mechanism does not travel enough to complete full lock/unlock.

- Ortonville, MI, USA

Sep 092013

Tahoe

Front passenger door fails to lock at preselected vehicle speed. Will not lock with remote or door lock switch. Rear passenger door will not unlock by any electronic means.

- Elkhart, IN, USA

Jul 012013

Tahoe 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the front driver's side door would not unlock from the interior or exterior of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the door actuator would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- West Columbia, SC, USA