2009 Chevrolet Tahoe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Oct 122015

Light comes on ABS traction control

- Natchitoches, LA, USA

Aug 062014

When driving the dash lights flash, door locks move up and down, speedometer will go to zero then back up to speed an so forth, the Tahoe will start gearing down on its own, the air will go off, and the radio will flash on and off. The vehicle has even shut completely off before when going down the interstate. Have had to replace dvd player, horn.also have 3 children this vehicle is not safe at all to drive.I don't want to sale it because im scared for someone elses life.

- Hayden , AL, USA

Jan 242014

While driving my vehicles traction control is coming on for no reason. The dealership said it is a false reading causing the traction control to come on when it shouldn't. they said the sensors would need replaced and all the previous models have had this recalled but not out current year yet. The dealership said there are so many that have had this same problem but it has yet to be recalled on this current model. This is a death trap while driving but we don't have the $500 to fix it. This part should be recalled like the rest of the models. It is so scary and hard to control when it suddenly starts doing it!!! please help!!

- Coralville, IA, USA

Jul 182012

Tahoe 8-cyl

We have had nothing but problems out of this Tahoe. When driving the dash lights flash, door locks move up and down, speedometer will go to zero then back up to speed an so forth, the Tahoe will start gearing down on its own, the air will go off, and the radio will flash on and off. The vehicle has even shut completely off before when going down the interstate. We have replaced the negative ground wires and the 175 amp mega fuse. Second vacation with this Tahoe and still having problems!!!

- Lexington, TN, USA

Dec 012010

The first thing that happened is our right front door lock actuator went out and we just thought it was broken and have not had it fixed and then the service air bag warning light has been coming on for several thousand miles. Then the truck would not start and we replaced the battery but even after doing that there are times when the truck electrical system just goes dead and we can open the hood shake the wires or just wait and it starts working again. Then in the last few thousand miles the " warning light" comes on and a bell starts ringing and then the drive train does not operate correctly. I was on a project and my wife told me all this and she parked the truck and started driving my truck. When I got home I took it to allen samuels Chevrolet and they worked on it and said that the computer showed the air bags and stabilitrac showed something had happened and they reset it or something. I didn't get down the road 10 miles and the "service air bag warning light" came back on. They then wanted $112.50 an hour to try and find out what was wrong. I took it home and a few days later I was driving it and came to a stop and the door locks started going up and down quickly, the stabilitrac light came on, and the truck would not go over about 2 - 3 mph per hour. I pulled over to the side of the road and after a mile or two everything started working again. When we got home I parked the Tahoe and turned it off and the whole electrical system went dead. We couldn't lock the doors. This has happened several times. I have called Chevrolet and they have said they would pay for 1/2 of the problem but you call the dealer and they will not give you a price, they just say it may be this and it may be that. It could cost thousands of dollars. All of these electrical problems are safety issues and could cost one or both of our lives or someone else. "???"

- Robstown, TX, USA

Nov 152011

My Tahoe will jerk backwards really hard. Then I get error messages stating the "stabilitak has malfunctioned" "traction control off" "service engine" and last but certainly not least "reducing engine power". I cannot go over 15 when this happens, which makes it really hard to get off the road when this is all happening. The whole vehicle bucks back and forth wildly as the cyclinders are shutting down. This is a terrifying experience since I have 2 small children in the car with me. Now my car is not safe to drive. If I do try to drive it it grinds and makes horrible noises and the service engine light is now permanently illuminated on my gauges. I cannot turn the vehicle with out it completely stopping. On its own. My foot will still be on the gas. Also it accelerates on its own. We live in nd and get tons of snow and ice. This thing is a death trap. I have purchased a vehicle that I cannot drive. But still must make payments on. It is a total lemon!

- Mafb, ND, USA

Sep 282011

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Was driving on a local street a little over 20mph, getting ready to get on highway, when my 2009 Tahoe abruptly, forcibly, and instantly dangerously dropped down to almost 10mph. The car behind me had to abruptly stop to avoid colliding with my truck. Tried to increase speed to over 10mph and truck kept forcibly jerking. I was able to avoid a few collisions by turning on my hazard lights and waving out my hand to traffic. Definitely did not get on the highway because my truck would not increase speed and continuously, forcibly, and abruptly jerked all the way down to the dealer (approximately 9 miles, 20 minutes driving).

- San Jose, CA, USA