3.1

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jun 162015

Tahoe

On June 16, 2015, I slowed to get off a highway in Maine and immediately noticed that the brakes were not slowing properly. Soon after I heard a clucking noise and thought I ran over something that sounded like metal. I checked but saw nothing, but I noticed that the brakes looked very blue like they had been running hot. A short distance down the road the sound got worse. I contacted a Chevrolet dealer. Fortunately they were able to accommodate me the next morning. I did not use my car for the rest of that day. Upon inspection of the front noise they showed me that the right front wheel was about to fall off and the left front was grinding and ready to fail. The rotors had to be replaced due to the high heat, and bluing was causing chipping off and brake failure. I should mention that this 2009 vehicle only had 48,793 miles on it, at the time of the failure. The best part is that the vehicle had a full inspection one week prior to the failure. So, the end result was that both front wheel hub bearing assemblies had to be replaced, along with the both front rotors, brakes and calibers. The dealer tried to tell me that the calibers were still good, however I had them replaced because they were also overheated. Anyone who knows mechanics should understand that in this situation after running highway speeds, that there would be overheating of the calibers along with rotors and brakes when the wheel hubs are not running smooth. I question why these wheel bearing failed at such low mileage. I take excellent care of my vehicles. On 12/31/2013 at 40,126 miles I had new brakes and rotors installed, and had the brake fluid changed. Still GM doesn't think that they have any responsibility to reimburse me for the calibers, rotors, and brakes that were damaged because of the premature failure of my front wheel hubs.

- Thornwood, NY, USA

Aug 062014

Tahoe

When driving the dash lights flash, door locks move up and down, speedometer will go to zero then back up to speed an so forth, the Tahoe will start gearing down on its own, the air will go off, and the radio will flash on and off. The vehicle has even shut completely off before when going down the interstate. Have had to replace dvd player, horn.also have 3 children this vehicle is not safe at all to drive.I don't want to sale it because im scared for someone elses life.

- Hayden , AL, USA

May 012013

Tahoe 8-cyl

I have had to replace the brakes twice, as well as the driver side hub. I have replace the door trim at least 4 times. Everyone I have met that has the same year has had trouble with the trim. I also feel that the transmission has trouble shifting when towing.

- Parker, CO, USA

Jul 262013

Tahoe

Stabilitrak will disengage, air bag light comes on then off, ABS light comes on then off, cruise stops working when using turn signal, door locks start unlocking then locking, brakes start applying themselves, engine slows to a crawl, lights start going on and off on the dash with dinging sound.

- Atwater, OH, USA

Apr 122012

Tahoe

The battery gauge will drop or fluctuate. It does not occur immediately, but after driving for a couple minutes. Once the battery gauge drops many things are affected. The car hesitates to increase speed, braking is affected, cruise control is affected. The cruise control will turn on unexpectedly at times. When needing to accelerate it hesitates and once it goes the engine puts out more than is needed or expected. Braking is slow and pulsates slightly as the transmission is downshifting. The battery and alternator have been checked and appear to be in working order and nothing wrong with either of them.

- Hatley, WI, USA