2009 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Aug 042015

Tahoe

Dash has cracked by driver side.

- Reno, NV, USA

May 012016

Tahoe

There is a large crack in the dashboard running parallel with the front windshield of the car. It extends from driver side to passenger side up to the airbag on the passenger side. It also splits in two separate areas off the horizontal crack. One about 2 inches perpendicular to the large crack near the driver side and another perpendicular crack closer to the passenger side that extends 1-2 inches away from the larger crack. My car has been stored in the garage from day one. I did not notice how long ago this crack began.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Jun 012015

Tahoe

Cracks on dash and corner of passenger side airbag on dash

- Raeford, NC, USA

Dec 162015

Tahoe

My dashboard has a crack in it....I am afraid it will not be able to protect me in a crash (may effect airbags).

- Jackson, MS, USA

Dashboard cracked.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Jan 012013

Tahoe

Extensive cracks in dash including around and going up to front passenger side airbag placement. Fear is that if airbag deploys shards of plastic dash may be disloged and become projectiles.

- Bartlett, TN, USA

Mar 232016

Dashboard cracking in places

- Fort Sill, OK, USA

Aug 012011

Tahoe

Cracked dash in multiple places

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Apr 042016

Tahoe

Dash crack appearing on top left corner of passenger airbag area and drivers side above instrument cluster. The vehicle was in a enclosed garages'stationary and not running.first noticed on 04-04-2016

- Trumbull, CT, USA

Feb 152016

Tahoe

Dash has started cracking more started on top by gauges and now has another crack by airbag on pass side. Called dealership said its out of warranty GM wont cover it, although its manufactured defect.

- Red Oak, TX, USA

Feb 152016

Tahoe

The dashboard of my 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe is cracked in the passenger side where the airbag is located. I see many Chevy Tahoe owners with the same issue but there is no recall yet and it seems that this problem could not only get worst but potentially dangerous based on the location of the crack.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 152015

Tahoe

The dashboard on my 2009 Tahoe cracked just to the left of the airbag on the passenger side and then several months later cracked above the gauge cluster. I contacted GM, along with many other owners with this issue, as I am concerned about the safety - since it was so close to the air bag.

- Maumelle, AR, USA

Oct 082015

Tahoe

The dashboard is cracked in two places.

- Marks, MS, USA

Oct 152015

Tahoe

In October of 2015, I was driving my 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe on a city street during normal weather conditions. As I was sitting at a red light, I heard a loud "pop" noise that I originally thought came from an object hitting the windshield. Upon further review, I noticed my dashboard had inexplicably cracked in 2 places. The cracks are rather large and I am concerned this will jeopardize the deployment of the airbags. I contacted the local Chevrolet dealership and they said they were not aware of any recalls regarding this matter.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Nov 012012

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracking in multiple places, pieces falling off inside dash and rattling. 2 places on dash where passenger airbag deploys. This has happened over the past 3 years and keeps getting worse. Afraid of airbag deployment on passenger side with the cracks on the deployment area and possibly having shards of hard dash pieces flying and hitting/hurting someone else or myself.

- Henderson, TX, USA

Sep 162015

Tahoe

My dash is cracked across hump over speedometer gauges and cracked on side of passenger airbag. Just got in my car one morning to notice the dash cracked in two places. Worry about it cracking more and if passenger airbag goes off, possibly some pieces break off and fly with airbag.

- Franklinton, LA, USA

Aug 152015

Tahoe

Cracked dash. GM is offering no help. They act like they haven't heard of the problem. My dash is cracked above the instrument cluster and starting to by the passenger airbag.

- Scarborough, ME, USA

Mar 012012

Tahoe

The dashboard has cracked in several places. We haven't had any wrecks.

- Luling, LA, USA

Aug 012014

Tahoe

My dash has been cracking and I have a crack in between the passenger airbag. I'm very concerned about this problem. I'm afraid that the airbag can deploy and enger my passenger in there face. I've tried to address this issue with the dealership, but I've gotten no help, especially now since my warranty has expired. I really hope I can get some help with this major problem and concern I have with my dash.

- Sun Valley, CA, USA