2009 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 142016

Tahoe

Dash cracked above instrument panel while parked overnight in my driveway. Was not compromised prior to cracking.

- St. Stephens Church, VA, USA

Jul 152015

Tahoe

The dash is cracking in 2 places. One at the airbag which is a concern if it causes a malfunction with the airbag and the other is over the instrument panel where I am sure when dust and dirt gets down in it, there will be more damage caused

- Buffalo Junction, VA, USA

Nov 172014

Tahoe

Purchased this vehicle new in 2009 in baton rouge, Louisiana. In the last two years have noticed cracks have developed on the dashboard adjacent to the vent openings on both the driver and passenger side. These cracks appear similar to those reported by others. The dash has been cleaned routinely with armor all, which has preserved the condition of the dashboards on our other vehicles. Recently the crack on the driver's side has begun to propagate toward the steering console. It is not just unsightly but concerning, as others have raised, as I fear this may impair the effectiveness of the airbag system.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Feb 142016

Tahoe

My dash has 2 cracks that have appeared under normal driving conditions. The dash is starting to bounce as I drive and im worried it will become separated and hit someone in the truck. There are so many Tahoe owners who have this same problem, it is obvious that it is a defective part. I have a crack in the center and 1 over the driver side gauges.

- Durham, NC, USA

Sep 262016

Tahoe

Cracks forming on dashboard panel, presents the hazard of plastic debris either deflating the air bag upon it's inflation or debris flying into the faces of passengers. Transmission dipstick tube is also cracked which allows water to get into the transmission, this was recalled for 2008 Tahoe's but not 2009.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Apr 182016

Tahoe

I bought the 2009 used Chevy Tahoe on August 1st 2015. I began to notice the plastic dashboard close to the passenger airbag began to crack and vibrate. The vibration got so bad that the crack spread and a new crack appeared on the plastic dash above the speedometer. Both cracks make the entire dash rattle when the car is driven over 45 mph. I am worried that if the airbags were to deploy, the plastic will fly into the passengers in the vehicle. I've tried contact covert GMC in austin, tx where I bought the vehicle and they said I had to spend $1300 to replace this defect.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 172016

Tahoe

I purchased a 2009 Chevy Tahoe used and a knew about the cracking dashes so I made sure the one I purchased didn't have any cracks. I thought maybe they had resolved the issue. Well, after filling up with gas the other day I looked over ad noticed and crack in my dash right at the airbag. This is very concerning as I have 3 kids that ride in that car and if the airbag goes off I'm afraid the plastic will act like shrapnel and really hurt someone. GM knows about this and I contacted them about it and they are not willing to do anything about it. More people need to come forward on this matter and GM needs to address it fast before someone gets killed.

- Kernersville, NC, USA

Sep 122016

Tahoe

Dash has a 7 inch crack above the instrument panel this is a problem with a lot of 2009 Tahoe and I think this should be a recall.

- Laurium, MI, USA

May 012016

Tahoe

Dash cracked in several places. GM refuse to repair.

- Lincoln, CA, USA

Aug 152013

Tahoe

Dash board cracking possibly effecting air bags

- Lake St. Louis, MO, USA

Jun 032011

Tahoe

Dashboard cracks - the vehicles dashboard has several extensive cracks. This started occurring in 2011 and has gotten worse over the years. Now a section has completely broken off. The dealers refuse to address this.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Aug 012011

Tahoe

My dash is horribly cracked all the way across

- Irving, TX, USA

Jun 012015

Tahoe

Cracked dashboard and spreading - my 2009 dashboard has large cracks in several places and is now exposing the electrical underneath. Not only do I find this very alarming seeing as the airbags are underneath but the problem is only getting worse, in motion or not, and the rattling sounds of all the pieces have become super annoying. GM this needs to be addressed and fixed! take care of your customers!!!!

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Jul 012015

Tahoe

The dashboard has cracked and repositioned itself. These cracks occurred over a period of 3 weeks until the dash repositioned itself. These cracks occurred in the normal course of driving and parking the vehicle. This repositioning is a direct result of the cracks. The passenger airbag appears to be affected by this condition posing a safety risk to any front seat passenger. These risks include improper deployment of airbag preventing proper passenger protection in a collision and pieces of the dash becoming sharp plastic projectiles if the airbag does deploy causing serious bodily injury and possibly death.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Tahoe

Both door handles on driver and passenger side are this silver plastic that has began to peel up just on top of the handle exactly where you grab to open the door. Myself as well several people have sliced their finger open pretty bad on my door handles. Very poor quality.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Jul 012016

Tahoe

The dashboard in the Tahoe has cracked. The crack just showed up overnight. We went out one morning to go somewhere and the crack was there.

- Lake Waccamaw, NC, USA

Jun 252016

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked where the passenger airbag is located

- Sammamish, WA, USA

Jun 072016

Tahoe

Dashboard has cracked in three places. One in corner surrounding passenger air bag. Could lead to improper airbag deployment. Others around "hump" corners above instrument cluster. Very common issue from what I have read. Vehicle garage kept. Cracks occur in same location on hundreds of Chevrolet vehicles.

- Hot Springs, AR, USA

Aug 042015

Tahoe

Dash has cracked by driver side.

- Reno, NV, USA

May 012016

Tahoe

There is a large crack in the dashboard running parallel with the front windshield of the car. It extends from driver side to passenger side up to the airbag on the passenger side. It also splits in two separate areas off the horizontal crack. One about 2 inches perpendicular to the large crack near the driver side and another perpendicular crack closer to the passenger side that extends 1-2 inches away from the larger crack. My car has been stored in the garage from day one. I did not notice how long ago this crack began.

- Murrieta, CA, USA