2011 Chevrolet Tahoe fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Feb 222014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Traveling West on I-10 from houston to California. About 15 miles out of van horn tx going to el paso the car shut down. All the lights came on the dashboard and I could not steer the car. We got over to the shoulder (it was a struggle). The car was dead. Would not do anything. Called for help. About 15-20 min. Later tried to start the car again and it worked. When I looked under the hood I did not see anything wrong. Drove to el paso and found out that the sensors from the gas tank to the engine were not working properly (fuel pressure sensor). It should read about 50-60 psi and we were reading about 43 psi. In short the computer told my engine "we are out of gas." So that is why it just shut down, even though I was not empty. I noticed that there is already a similar recall already on Chevy cars/trucks like the trailblazer. I think this may be a problem on more models than what is being reported!

- Cypress, TX, USA

Mar 302013

Tahoe 8-cyl

So when ever I fuel my car at the pump by clicking the fuel pump to auto start, the pump usually stop pumping after about 15 sec, and then you will have to manual fill again with your hang or start the auto fueling again. So today when I started fueling my car again after about 4 or 5 gallon of fueling had already enter the vehicle, the fuel started to spray out from the nozzle where you place the fuel pump out, fuel got all over my body. I quick notice it, and turned the auto start pumping feature off with my hands. Afterward, I went to my car and check how fill was the tank, and it was only 3/4 full. It wasn't full I was quiet surprised to my finding that gasoline started spraying out.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Jan 282013

Tahoe 8-cyl

I was driving on the long island expressway ( 495) at about 2 pm on 1/28/13, I was in the middle lane at about 65mph when suddenly the check engine light came on and a message came up saying, service stabilitrak, then engine power reduced. This caused my vehicle to slow down to that 65mph to about 35 rapidly. I was able to move over and pull over to the side of the road. Once I stopped the car it was idling very rough. I turned off my car and turned it back on and was able to reset my computer. I went to my mechanic and was told it was a 2135 error code( a throttle body sensor issue).

- Shirley , NY, USA