3.1

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Mar 012016

Tahoe

Takata recall the dashboard is cracking along the airbag on the passenger side and over the driver side tachometer. My concern is when and if the airbag should deploy, there might possibly be projectiles from this defective crack. Over the past couple of weeks, the crack above the tachometer keeps getting larger. The dash is cracked all of the time when stationary and moving. I went to the local Chevrolet dealership. The service manager stated that the cracked dash was a defect for sure. He also stated that they see this problem all of the time. When we called GM assistance, they stated they would not pay for it because it was out of warranty and there were no recalls on the dash. This is similar to other complaints I have seen on the internet. I am not sure exactly when the dash first cracked because my wife is the primary driver and is not tall enough to see over the dash in a seated position. I drove her car and noticed it March of 2016, but it could have happened sooner.

- Evans, GA, USA

Mar 222016

Tahoe

2011 Chevy Tahoe 24K miles dash cover is cracked. Vehicle is meticulously maintained and the dash has cracked. Worried about further degradation especially around air bag as this seems to be a widespread issue with this vehicle.

- Levittown, NY, USA

Oct 062015

Tahoe

Top of dashboard cracked - no accident involved. I have concerns about the airbag working properly now. Dealer wants $1,000 to fix it.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 262016

Tahoe

Cracked dash by passenger air bag, vehicle only has 23,000 miles. Concerned bout debris or projectiles after airbag deployment

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 082015

Tahoe

The car was parked in the garage not running. I opened the lift gate. It opened fine then when I went to put something into the cargo area the lift gate started slowly closing. I backed out from under it and it suddenly crashed closed nearly hitting me. The struts have not worked since. We have to manually open the lift gate and prop it open with a broomstick handle.

- Franklin, OH, USA

Jan 052016

Tahoe

Dash is cracking around passenger side airbag. This is unsafe because in the event of passenger airbag deploying, shards of cracked dash can become projectiles. Many complaints on internet about same issue, no resolution from GM.

- Buena Park, CA, USA

Jul 012015

Tahoe

The dashboard has 3 cracks in it that randomly showed up, 2 at the top left corner on the passenger side by the air bag and the other the top left side of the drivers side above the instrument panel

- Atoka, TN, USA

Feb 082016

Tahoe

Cracked dash board above instrument cluster and around airbag.

- Hockley, TX, USA

Jan 012013

Tahoe

Dashboard cracking around the airbag and over the top of the instrument panel.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Jan 162016

Tahoe

Dash is cracking around passenger side airbag and the instrument cluster. This is unsafe because in the event of passenger airbag deploying, shards of cracked dash can become projectiles. Many complaints on internet about same issue, no resolution from GM.

- Bentonville, AR, USA

Jan 242016

Tahoe

On 1-24-16 I went to get in my vehicle and noticed that the dash was cracked on the drivers side above the instrument panels. 1-27-16 I now notice a crack in the dash on the passenger side by the air bag. I am worried if in an accident the cracked dash is going to cause more injuries. I have contacted my local dealer who pretty much blew me off. I also emailed GM and they told me to contact my local dealer no one wants to correct this problem and I am sure I am not the only one with this issue. This happened while it was parked in my garage for no reason.

- Logan, OH, USA

Jan 152016

Tahoe

I have a 2011 Tahoe which I purchased new. It has always been parked in a covered parking garage during the day and in my covered carport in the evenings. It has 58,000. Miles and while cleaning the truck I noticed a crack in the dash on the drivers side approximately 3.5 inches long and another crack on the passengers side, in the corner of where the airbag is located. I am very concerned that in case of an accident these cracks could jeopardize the integrity of the airbags. The dealership has stated that I would have to incure the cost of replacement. This truck is still in absolute perfect condition otherwise.

- Fort Pierce, FL, USA

Feb 022015

Tahoe

My dash has cracked and I'm worried that if I'm ever in an accident that I may be injured if the air bags deploy and send pieces of the dash at me. Seems to be a big problem with GM SUV's and trucks. There is even a facebook page with a couple thousand members: Https://www.facebook.com/groups/gmdashcrack/

- Hope Mills, NC, USA

Jun 052015

Tahoe

Hi I currently own a 2011 Chevy Tahoe lt model with 78,547 mile on it and the dash is crarcked around the passenger airbag and over the instrument cluster and which I think might comprimise the airbag on deployment which would put my children and passengers at risk of a fatality in the event that an accident occurs and GM should recall this problem its not just mine but most all GM models 07-13 are affected by this and we as the customers are concerned with our passengers safety and would like to get this recalled before something fatal does occur thanks.

- Midway, KY, USA

Dec 312014

Tahoe

I was wiping dust off the dashboard and saw a small crack on the corner of the dash that meets the airbag compartment as well as a crack on the same dash panel on the driver's side. At the time my vehicle was only three years old but a few hundred miles past warranty. I immediately reported it to the dealership. I was told they had received numerous complaints, but I would have to pay for a replacement. I was also told that several of those that had their dash replaced were experiencing the same problem again. After seeing the same type of complaint from other owners and the cracks on my dash continuing to spread, I decided to file a complaint. My concern is a safety issue with these cracks causing the air bags to malfunction and inflate while driving causing injury. Every person I know that has this vehicle is experiencing the same problem. I am requesting that you investigate this issue. I believe there should be a recall and a replacement with a dash that is made of a more durable, safer material.

- Fitzgerald, GA, USA

Jan 102016

Tahoe

While driving on interstate I10 Sept 2015, noticed a small crack developed on dash over the instrument cluster hump. Initial crack was approximately 3" and has continued to crack and extend toward the driver position. Dash crack is now 7". concerned the sharp plastic dash could cause additional injury in the event of an accident. Vehicle has 68,000 miles.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jun 272015

Tahoe

One day while driving I noticed a small crack in my dashboard right above the left side of passenger airbag panel cover.

- Memohis, TN, USA

Dec 012015

Tahoe

My dashboard starting cracking above the instrument panel. You can hear it cracking as you are operating the vehicle and continues to crack depending on hot and cold temps.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Oct 012015

Tahoe

Dashboard cracking over instrument panel and corner of passenger airbag.

- Drippping Springs, TX, USA

Mar 102015

Tahoe

My dash has a large crack just above the instrument panel.

- Olive Branch, MS, USA