2011 Chevrolet Tahoe seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jun 012015

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked in front of the driver. Hard plastic knife like structure are exposed to passengers. Also cracked on the passenger side airbag area. Chevrolet states it is cosmetic. This is potentially a hazard for the occupants.

- Wetumpka, AL, USA

May 272016

Tahoe

Takata recall - recall was issued May 27, 2016 for passenger side airbag - 16V381. GM has no information when parts will be available for the repair and I was told they are waiting for the NHTSA to approve the replacement procedure and parts. When will the parts be available? I also have a 2011 Toyota corolla with the same issue and no answers. It has been 6 months and we have no answers from NHTSA! please act.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Oct 142016

Tahoe

Takata recall. This vehicle has recall airbags. GM foot dragging claiming "no parts" but other manf appear to have. Endemic problem with cracked dash on GM vehicles makes danger airbags even more threat for front seat pax. This vehicle dash replaced once already. GM refuses to pay but this is a safety hazard.

- Loganville, GA, USA

Jul 122016

Tahoe

Takata recall. Suspected defective takata airbag and I have a cracked dashboard which has been reported by thousands of GM customers

- Canton, MS, USA

Aug 202014

Tahoe

The dash board around the airbag is cracked. I have found on the internet this has been a known problem with these cars in this year. I am in fear that if the airbag deploys the dashboard could fly off and injure a member of my family. I don't understand why nothing has been done concerning these dashboards with all of the complaints...... I guess it takes someone to be killed for someone to take action!!!!!!

- Dubois, PA, USA

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Crockett, TX, USA

Sep 102014

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked on both sides driver and passenger and General Motors refuses to pay for it!! this should require a recall and the NHTSA has done absolutely nothing this could be life threatening!I

- Katy, TX, USA

Aug 252016

Tahoe

There is a serious safety risk which is not being addressed by my local Chevy dealer. The propellant in some types of takata airbag inflators can degrade over time, especially after long term exposure in hot and humid regions. If the propellant degrades to a certain level, the inflators may rupture during deployment, causing serious or fatal injuries. I have a three year old son and am in the process of trying to have another child. If I do get pregnant and the airbag deploys I could be killed along with my unborn child. This needs to be addressed immediately for the safety of myself and family.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Jan 022015

Tahoe

Cracked dashboard. Airbag deployment may cause deadly plastic debris flying about.

- Windermere, FL, USA

Aug 012016

Tahoe

Dashboard cracked at airbag and also near steering column, instrument panel for no reason

- Arnold, MD, USA

Aug 092016

Tahoe

Cracking of dash at airbag

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Jul 132016

Tahoe

The dash on my vehicle has broken 2X and is broken again causing the dash to allow an opening where items can fall into the airbag compartment causing the bag to malfunction.

- Johns Creek, GA, USA

Apr 012014

Tahoe

The dash is cracking on passenger side and driver side. And the cracks keep growing. The add washer fuel light stays on and there is fluid in the reservoir.

- Plainview, TX, USA

Tahoe

I have noticed 2 cracks on the dashboard, one over the instrument panel and the other on the right corner just in front of the passenger side airbag compartment (crack extends out from the airbag compartment) on my dashboard. I am very concerned that airbag will not deploy correctly if I were in an accident or that the dashboard will splinter and cause severe injury if the airbag deployed.

- Salem, CT, USA

Jun 212015

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracked. Concerned about safety in the event the airbag deploys. The vehicle has not been in any accidents. No chemical or cleaner has ever been applied to the dash. It looks like a stress crack or manufacturer defect.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Tahoe

My Tahoe was parked when I noticed 2 cracks on the left hand corner by the passenger side airbag on my dashboard. I also have a really large crack on the dashboard above the instrument panel. I am concerned that airbag will not deploy correctly if I were in an accident.

- Fosters, AL, USA

Dec 202014

Tahoe

My dash is cracking and breaking around my airbag. This seems like it could be very dangerous in a crash. I'm worried that either the airbag won't deploy as it should or if it does, there will be shards of plastic dash flying around in the cab. Nothing happened to the dash, it just started cracking.

- Macon, GA, USA

Jun 212016

Tahoe

Crack appeared yesterday (06/21/16) in the dash - at the upper left corner of the passenger airbag compartment.

- Appomattox, VA, USA

May 092016

Tahoe

Dash has cracked around passenger air bag. Afraid it will easily deploy. Just noticed this 2" crack about a month ago. No reason to have cracked.

- Batesville, MS, USA

Jun 012016

Tahoe

Cracked dash above airbag and instrument cluster.

- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA