CarComplaints.com Notes: It's roomy, but very poor gas mileage for its class.

The EPA estimates 14MPG around town, but you'd be lucky to break double digits if you like A/C or have any hills in your town.

5.4

2012 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2012 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Aug 192014

Tahoe

I was passing on a two lane high way at an accelerated speed at which time the engine dies, no lights no nothing total engine failure. Luckily I have enough momentum that I safely get around the semi and continue to be able to coast until I find a safe place to pull over. I call my local dealer who will not come tow me as I am approximately 50 miles from home although I do have GM roadside assistance. I turn off the ignition and it does restart so I manage to drive to a nearby dealership and leave it there. Nothing shows up on the computer I refuse to take it home. Should they not be able to repair this problem I will hold the dealership and General Motors 100% responsible. Thank god my daughter and I are safe but this is a tragedy waiting to happen if not resolved.

- Sandusky, OH, USA