CarComplaints.com Notes: It's roomy, but very poor gas mileage for its class.

The EPA estimates 14MPG around town, but you'd be lucky to break double digits if you like A/C or have any hills in your town.

3.4

2012 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2012 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Mar 012015

Tahoe

My dash is cracked in two places on my 2012 Tahoe with a manufacture date of 9/2011. The dash cracks are located on the passenger side at the location of the airbag and on the dash above the instrument panel. This is the largest crack at 6 inches in the shape of a "V". this crack has grown over time. The dealer has indicated there is no fix other than replacing the dash. Due to proximity to the airbag I am concerned that in an accident, the dash might be dislodged and become a hazard. The initial crack happened at approximately 60,000 miles. It has grown worse. The car now has 90,000 miles on it.

- Wilson, NC, USA

Oct 012016

Tahoe

Dashboard cracking from passenger air bag door to windshield defrost vent. Contacted dealer - butch davis Chevrolet in ripley, ms salesperson advised this is a common problem with no solution. The dealer refused to address the issue and advised filing a complaint with Chevrolet customer assistance but that to his knowledge, this issue is wide spread and not being addressed by Chevrolet.

- Nesbit, MS, USA

Aug 042016

Tahoe

I have a 2012 Tahoe that has an craking issue with the dash board. One month ago in August,2016 I was driving and out of the blue a 1 1/2 inch crack suddenly appeared from the dash area into side passenger air bag area. Today is September 2016 and I went out to my car this morning to leave and noticed while I was starting my car that there was a now a 4 inch crack just above the counsel area in the dash. My vehicle just hit 40 thousand miles and this is just unexceptable for Chevy to not take responsibility for something that has been happening since 2007 in many of there vehicles mainly the Tahoe. My vehicle is very well maintained and still looks as it did the day I bought it and the cracks in the dash are to me a hazard especially the one around the air bag.

- Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Apr 102015

Tahoe

Dash cracked from corner of passenger side defrost vent to airbag, and again from the defrost vent to over dome over driver cluster and any thing wet can get into components of the speedometer and rest of stuff in there. Trucks never been kept in sun, and had one dealership already confirmed that its a defect in product not caused by elements or lack of care, or anything done to it. Its parked most times and it's getting worse, im handicapped and vehicle only used when im driving or in it. I'm not happy about this bc it's not like this was a cheap vehicle and im on fixed income, and paid cash and extended warranty will not cover cosmetic. Its almost splitting at top now on driver side to go around the front of dash. Also had to replace battery and alternater only at 50K miles and warning light never came on, noticed dimming of lights when applying brake pedal and while driving the voltage gauge kept going to 0 and back to 14 back and forth, got to dealer and again tried sending me home but finally tested original altenater and it wasn't working so replaced and cost me $100 but still no warning or engine light and then dealer had to tow my vehicle again bc system no updated found problem by another dealer, under coating coming off and rust on top by rack on roof on each side. This was a $68K vehicle and because of defects and not a recall we're responsible for half cost, dealers want over $500 for something that is a design or product of poor quality, this is how Chevy/ GM buyers are treated when buying one of the top luxury vehicles. What company does this, I paid cash for this dream vehicle and the product is all over internet and lawsuits bc of product defect, cheap products used but sold as top of line. Wow.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Aug 012016

Tahoe

There are 2 cracks on the center dash on either side of the radio speaker. They appeared out of nowhere and are getting worse.

- Kingwood, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Tahoe

Dash cracking in multiple places.

- Tifton, GA, USA

Aug 292016

Tahoe

I have a crack on the dash and it is near to the passenger air bag lid. In case of a crash this is a risk. I am residente of costa rica. And the car was imported to costa rica. A contact phone in costa rica is: + (506) 8701-2196

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 012016

Tahoe

Dash cracking near electrical system on driver's side and near air bag on passenger side. I've called GM and dealerships. They said there's no recall. This is a very dangerous situation and I don't want the airbag exploding while my 1 year old grandbaby is in the vehicle with me. There's several people that have complained of the same issues online. Please do something about this!

- Leslie, GA, USA

Aug 182016

Tahoe

2012 Tahoe recently bought and has began cracking around the air bag and driver side as mentioned on previous post by other consumers. A concern if the air bag is deployed that shaprel will shoot out if in an accident. Vehicle was stationary and appeared out of nowhere.

- Abilene, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Tahoe

Two issues: 1. dashboard cracked at airbag on passenger side and on drivers side. Airbag deployment appears unsafe due to cracking. 2. in hot and humid weather to, the traction and stability systems become inoperable and the message system requests that maintenance be performed. This message can come up a few minutes after driving or can come on right after starting the vehicle.

- Wilson, NC, USA

May 252016

Tahoe

Two advancing cracks in the dash.

- Taylors, SC, USA

Jul 102015

Tahoe

The dashboard on my 2012 Tahoe started cracking on the passenger side near the airbag. As a few weeks have gone by, the driver's side has started cracking too. The dash looks horrible and I have only had the car 1 month. I am worried that if I were in a wreck, the broken dash will fly off when the air bag deploys.

- Fritch, TX, USA

May 022016

Tahoe

The top dashboard piece has multiple cracks in it similar to other reports made by consumers. One crack is next to the passenger airbag compartment, and another is at the base of the dashboard behind the steering wheel. No impact or accident cause these cracks; they simply appeared on the car and have continued to grow in size.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

May 042016

Tahoe

When idling at a stop light the car continue to pull ahead as if I had my foot on the gas petal. 2nd item: Developed a crack on the passengers side dash board close to the air bag cover. Both items rattle when I'm driving.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Jun 032016

Tahoe

Cracked dash right where the airbag is. I park my car in the garage and use sunshades when not parked inside. My Tahoe is not that old. I take excellent care of it, and there should be no reason for the dash to crack. It almost seems like there may be too much pressure from the airbag being inside there causing it to crack. It's definitely a manufacture defect. I'm not sure the airbag will work properly if needed.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Dec 202015

Tahoe

Dash board on drive and passengerside are crack

- Sylmar, CA, USA

May 032016

Tahoe

There is a crack on the drivers side dash, at the upper left hand corned of the airbag. The vehicle has not been in a collision since I purchased it nor do I do any kind of offroading on rough terrain. Vehicle is always parked in my driveway. I woke up one morning, got in the truck and the crack was there. The evening prior, there was no crack in the dash. I do not know the specific cause of this crack. While doing research, I noticed that other vehicles like mine have experienced airbag failures which have resulted in accidents and at least one fatality. The crack tends to expand when the weather is hot and contracts to almost an unnoticeable state when cool.

- Ellenton, FL, USA

Jan 022015

Tahoe

Two cracks in the dash, 1 on top in the middle of the instrument panel & the other along side the passenger air bag; which I assume is not very safe in case of a situation where the air bag may be deployed.

- Alice, TX, USA

Dec 012013

Tahoe

Severely cracked dash over the instrument panel and multiple cracks around the passenger side airbag.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Jan 012014

Tahoe

Cracking dash by passenger air bag closet to the windsheild.

- Carlisle, AR, USA