2015 Chevrolet Tahoe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Dec 282016

Tahoe

When applying the brakes my car doesn't stop 100% of the time. 1 time during highway slow moving traffic, 3 times backing out of my driveway (flat surface), 4 times when on incline/decline of road. When applying brakes, horrible chattering vibration comes from left front tire area, chatter vibration is felt in brake pedal. No matter how hard I apply the brake the car keeps going - it will finally stop, but I almost hit the car in front of me at the one highway occurrence, 2 times car finally stopped just before going over edge of property when pulling forward & backward to turn around in tight area. In each instance I am moving at a very slow speed. I contacted dealership, they told me I wasn't the only one calling about this happening but since I'm over 36,000 warranty they will charge me to ck it out, probably can't recreate the problem, said it was probably ABS but nothing they can do about that, suggested I find a dealership close to me whenever it happens again!

- Winder, GA, USA

Jun 092016

Tahoe

The brake pedal sits significantly higher than the gas pedal. When moving my foot from the gas pedal to the brake pedal, my foot gets caught on the back of the brake pedal.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 152015

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owned a 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe. When the vehicle was shifted into drive, it independently accelerated. The vehicle sped from the contact's driveway into the front neighbor's yard before crashing into the neighbor's air conditioning unit. After the crash, the vehicle spun around until the passenger tire partially separated from the wheel well. In addition, the brakes failed at the time of the incident. There were deep skid marks visible on the neighbor's yard. The contact was transported from the scene via ambulance. The contact was treated for unknown injuries that required immediate medical attention. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure mileage was 50. MA 10/14

- Ft Washingtion, MD, USA

Jan 152015

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe. While driving at 45 mph, the service brake assist was displayed across the message board. In addition, the contact stated that the brake pedal was depressed and it took a greater amount of time for the vehicle to come to a complete stop. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 16,562. Updated 6/18/15

- Holly Springs , NC, USA