4.9

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Dec 132016

Tahoe

Condenser went out. I have a little over 39,000 miles on this vehicle and just had to put it in the shop for the condenser to be replaced. I contacted 2 different dealerships and both have told me they have had to replace several defective condensers. To me, this says that GM is aware of the issue yet is making no attempt to recall the defective part. I am attaching a photo to show the leak is at a sauder line and not due to external damage. Had a rock or other foreign object hit the condenser my insurance would have paid for this since it would be considered comprehensive but the tech at the dealership told me that it was not due to external damage, it was defective. The dark spot at the bottom of the photo is where the leak was & it was coming from that seam/sauder line.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Jul 072016

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe. After the vehicle was started, an abnormal odor emitted from the vehicle. While driving, the contact noticed smoke under the hood of the vehicle and no warning lights were illuminated. It was discovered that there was shredded metal exposed and the air compressor was melted. The vehicle was not taken to be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 52,000.

- Resk, TX, USA

Jan 042016

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe. When the vehicle was shifted from the V8 to 4 cylinder motor, the vehicle began vibrating severely. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The manufacturer stated that the failure was inherent to the vehicle. The failure mileage was approximately 12,000.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Dec 232014

Tahoe 8-cyl

While driving about 65 mph the vehicle's engine shut off. The vehicle would not start back up for approximately ten minutes. It needed less than 20 gallons of fuel to fill it up.

- Caledonia, MS, USA

Sep 082014

Tahoe

4th and most dangerous of 4 incidents in 3 weeks of ownership of 2015 Chevy Tahoe lt. Without driver instruction or interference the 2015 Tahoe shifted itself into 4WD despite dial on 2wd. Steering difficult, car jerked, engine revved differently and trouble in reverse. No warning signals on display and I didn't know what was happening. Drove.5 mi., pulled over restarted, and then "4 wheel drive, dismiss" on display over steering wheel (no seat vibration, flashing lights as with lane drifting). Tried to "undismiss", consulted manual and ensured dial was in 2wd. Cut ignition off, restarted, same light. Test drove another 1 mi. To see if warning display malfunction...car jerked and steering as if non-power steering. Called dealership (rick hendrick's city Chevrolet, charlotte, nc) and svs tech had never heard of such an issue and consulted other techs (on hold 15 min). Finally svs mgr said car unsafe to drive but to drive it home 'slowly" and they would tow to dealership and get me a loaner. Svs mgr, on 3rd phone call after I threatened to notify ntsb, said he was calling a GM "program mgr" to see about my car's "dangerous issue". after the car rolled when ignition turned off (radio and dash lights off too) and it hit a dumpster B/C we had not put it in park, yet ignition still turned off (luckily no one hurt but significant paint damage), key fob wouldn't program seats/mirrors, mylink wouldn't pair to my phone and now to learn there is a recall for rolling B/C car shifts into neutral? I am still driving loaner, no word from svs mgr, I refuse to drive the car again and gsm said I'd have to go to GM direct for a "buy back". the 1-800-222-1020# he gave me useless). Help!

- Charlotte, NC, USA