2015 Chevrolet Tahoe steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Feb 232016

The steering makes a grinding noise when turning to the left and right. The dealership could not get it reproduced, but finally received a bulletin advising to replace the steering bearings. This was done yesterday and it still does it today. I've read other complaints for the same thing on the internet, some mentioning it is unsafe to drive. The dealership has agreed to contact their engineers for additional guidance. However, I'm concerned about my safety of this ongoing issue.

- Thurmont, MD, USA

Jan 262015

Tahoe 8-cyl

At a slow speed, <15 mph, on a rock paved residential road, steering abruptly snapped left. Steering wheel then positioned 180 degrees away from normal. Resulted in vehicle damage to rack/pinion, left wheel knuckle, loss of calibration of steering and back up camera. Also resulted in injury, broken arm/wrist, of driver, requiring surgery and hospitalization....I have 3 pdf documents I'd like to send to you by email. My system, and your's, is not allowing me to upload....updated 10/29/15

- Rainbow City, AL, USA

Jan 152015

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe. While driving approximately 47 mph, the steering wheel vibrated without warning. The contact mentioned that the failure only occurred when driving less than 55 mph. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the bearing, gear kit, gasket and seal needed to be replaced and the drive shaft needed to be re-balanced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to another dealer where it was diagnosed that the rack and pinion, bearing, gear kit, seal and gasket needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 21,084.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Apr 212014

It started with a clicking sound when turning the steering wheel. I brought it to dealership and they changed entire steering column. A week later it made a clicking sound again on a hard turn. I called GM to ask about a buy back. I do not feel safe in that car with kids. Then later the same day, I was backing out of sons little league game and steering column locked and displayed locked on information screen. I hit brakes and lock display disappeared so I shifted to park and then to back to reverse and steering column lock again display and lock. I then put car back into park and turned off. I turn car back on after a couple of minutes and it was working fine no more steering column lock display. I have a keyless start, loaded lt model that has all features of an ltz Tahoe.

- Des Allemands , LA, USA

Sep 082014

4th and most dangerous of 4 incidents in 3 weeks of ownership of 2015 Chevy Tahoe lt. Without driver instruction or interference the 2015 Tahoe shifted itself into 4WD despite dial on 2wd. Steering difficult, car jerked, engine revved differently and trouble in reverse. No warning signals on display and I didn't know what was happening. Drove.5 mi., pulled over restarted, and then "4 wheel drive, dismiss" on display over steering wheel (no seat vibration, flashing lights as with lane drifting). Tried to "undismiss", consulted manual and ensured dial was in 2wd. Cut ignition off, restarted, same light. Test drove another 1 mi. To see if warning display jerked and steering as if non-power steering. Called dealership (rick hendrick's city Chevrolet, charlotte, nc) and svs tech had never heard of such an issue and consulted other techs (on hold 15 min). Finally svs mgr said car unsafe to drive but to drive it home 'slowly" and they would tow to dealership and get me a loaner. Svs mgr, on 3rd phone call after I threatened to notify ntsb, said he was calling a GM "program mgr" to see about my car's "dangerous issue". after the car rolled when ignition turned off (radio and dash lights off too) and it hit a dumpster B/C we had not put it in park, yet ignition still turned off (luckily no one hurt but significant paint damage), key fob wouldn't program seats/mirrors, mylink wouldn't pair to my phone and now to learn there is a recall for rolling B/C car shifts into neutral? I am still driving loaner, no word from svs mgr, I refuse to drive the car again and gsm said I'd have to go to GM direct for a "buy back". the 1-800-222-1020# he gave me useless). Help!

- Charlotte, NC, USA