2002 Chevrolet Tracker miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Tracker:

2002 Chevrolet Tracker Owner Comments

Jan 232003

Tracker 4-cyl

My drivers side window doesnt want to roll up or down unless I pull on it while pressing the button to roll it up. Once up, it doenst close all the way and you can hear the air coming in. In cases that it does go up all the way, the motor sounds as though it is still trying to make the window roll up and I have to crack it open in fear that it is going to shatter! the window has been fixed 4 times by the dealer and now my warranty is up and they dont want to hear anything more from me about it untill I agree to pay to have it looked at and fixed and they "might" reimburse me. Is there anything I can to with this? I have been trying to get Chevy to fix it correctly since 2003. The second mechanic told me "its made cheaply and this will probably happen again and again". there should be no reason that I should have to deal with a vehicle that I have had this problem with since the first few months of purchase.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA