2.5

2003 Chevrolet Tracker engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Tracker:

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Owner Comments

Dec 122008

Tracker

1. I was driving at approximately 65 mph for about an hour, with the outside temperature at approximately -10F to -15F. Please note that my vehicle does not have cruise (speed) control. 2. I noticed that the engine was revving on its own, and maxxing out! the accelerator no longer had any effect and the engine was going as fast as it could even with my foot completely off of the accelerator. Braking was ineffective because the engine counteracted any braking attempt. When I moved my gear shift to neutral the tachometer redlined. I left the vehicle in neutral, came to a stop and turned the engine off. A few minutes later I turned the engine on again and it was behaving normally again. I continued my trip, but 30 minutes later the same thing happened again. It does not occur when the weather is warmer (above -10F) 3. I have done nothing to correct the failure, but I will not permit anyone except me to drive the vehicle, since I know how to react to it now. This seems like an extreme safety issue and I was surprised that there hasn't been a recall yet. That's why I'm contacting you.

- Lander, WY, USA

Jul 172008

Tracker

On 2 times, when driving on a highway in July car stalled. After 1st stall it was taken to bellavilla Chevrolet who could find nothing wrong. After second stall vehicle was again returned to bellavia who suspects that problem is probably due to a defective camshaft position sensor.

- Wallington, NJ, USA