6.0

1. temperature actuator (4 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

May 012010

Trailblazer LX 4.2L

My ext temp says 50 and the ac will not work. Only blows hot air. Once in a while it will go up to 65 and the ac works fine. But now to the point when it is hot out I only get hot air.

- , Heisson, WA, USA

Jan 102005

Trailblazer LT

Purchased this vehicle new in 2002. Around 2005 my exterior temp gauge would not read above 50, and at this same time I can not get heat to the rear of the vehicle, the ceiling vents will only blow ICE cold air. Living in Ohio this makes it very uncomfortable for passengers in the winter months. Took the vehicle to the dealership I was told there was no antifreeze running through the ceiling and they would have to rip everything apart and it would be costly! I guess he thought since I was a female I would buy this load of crap!!

After calling several other departments and people within Chevy, you all know the answer. I still have the vehicle (can't afford to get rid of it), I still have no heat, I still have more problems with this vehicle than anyone would care to read about. The current problem is a yellow fluid leaking from the rear passenger wheel area.

- , Dublin, OH, USA

Jan 212009

Trailblazer LTZ 6

outside air temp. reading erratic. when low, reading air won't work

- , Dunedin, FL, USA

Aug 092007

Trailblazer LT

2 Chevys 7 problems in 2.5 years. 2 Hondas 3 problems in 10 years... I rest my point.

- , Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 242007

Trailblazer EX

My Tempature Gage Ext reading is marking in the negatives when infact its 85 degress outside. The highest it reads is 50, therefor my AC does not cool like it used to. Some say, that the Ext Temp- Reading should have nothing to do with the Int Temp-. Thats not true-- When the reading is in the negatives it will not cool at all. It blows hot air, but after driving several miles on the highway, the reading will soar up back to 50 and the AC will start to cool. What is the Problem Here?

- , Driscoll, TX, USA

Mar 022007

Trailblazer LT

This problem started when the vehicle had only 46,000 miles. Since we were covered by our extended warranty we did not think much of it and got it "fixed" by our local Chevrolet dealer. This was in August of 2006. In February 2007 the right side started blowing warm air while the left side was blowing cold air. This time our extended warranty was expired and the dealership told us it would be about $700 to get it fixed. When we complained saying well you just repaired the same problem in August, they said yes but back then you were covered by the extended warranty. That did not make sense to us, does that mean you do bad work when we are covered and better work when we are not?? After much complaining the dealership decided to do the repair under a "goodwill repair authorization".

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 132006

Trailblazer

AC blows cold, then hot, gauge shows negative numbers. This is the first car i had problems with before it has been paid for. The dealer price is over $1,300. I do believe the AC is going to affect the heat when it turns cold.

- , Dublin, GA, USA