CarComplaints.com Notes: The Trailblazer emerged from an "upscale trim line" of the Blazer, but there's nothing upscale about its transmission problems or its wonky, unpredictable headlights.

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

Sep 012003

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Consumer lost steering and hit a tree head on. In addition, the seat belt failed to lock causing injuries to the consumer (driver). (lawyer on behalf of client rebecca doyle). The airbag also burned/injured the passenger. The vehicle experienced electrical problems with the brake lights, tail lights, fuel gauge, left seat belt, dash (computer readout) and the brakes pulled.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Dec 012003

Trailblazer

Constant electrical problems with vehicle. After purchasing the vehicle in August 2002 the brake lights on the passenger side has been replaced numerous times. Now neither of the brake lights work, from what I have read due to electrical problems. How can so many people complain but, Chevrolet/gmac is not held responsible?

- Duncanville, TX, USA

Dec 102003

Trailblazer 4WD

Problems with vehicle's brake lights and alternator. The car had problems since it left the dealership. The alternator had to be replaced, the 4-wheel drive switch was replaced, the car stalls, brake lights keep shorting out. It cost the consumer $263.49 to have the car fixed. The consumer was not satisfied with Chevrolet or it's warranty.

- Bayside, NY, USA

Dec 162003

Trailblazer

The vehicle experienced electrical problems such as the air condition which had been repaired twice. The tail lights had also been effected and the power windows were stuck in the down position. Provide further details.................................................

- Rison, AR, USA

Oct 142002

Trailblazer 6-cyl

My vehicle has been serviced numerous times (October 2002-october2003) by michael Chevrolet (5737 N. blackstone ave.) in fresno, ca. For various electrical problems that are hazardous and has failed to correct these problems.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Oct 212003

Trailblazer

While driving another driver signaled consumer that tail and brake lights were out. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The dealer stated that the vehicle's left and right circuit board had an open circuit which resulted in no brakes and tail lights.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Apr 152003

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Electrical system located near dash. Lights are constantly going out and may have a short in the electrical unit.

- Madison Heights, MI, USA

Aug 122003

Trailblazer 6-cyl

While driving the brake lights failed intermittently. The dealer has been notified. Four circuit boards have been replaced and the brake light melted. Chevrolet stated that this was a major problem.

- Gallatin, TN, USA

Sep 152003

Trailblazer

Brake light failed intermittently. Dealer stated computer board failed.

- Suitland, MD, USA

Dec 012001

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The brake light went out multiple times without warning. The dealer was aware of the problem. There were no incidents to report at this time. The consumer stated when the vehicle was warm, the was a noise in the front end, the dealer replaced the axle seal and bearing, the O2 oxygen sensor was replaced. The 4-wheel drive was inoperative.

- Maysville, KY, USA

Sep 182003

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Electronic exterior rearview mirrors and power seat engage and operate by themselves. Dealership cannot fix the problem. The memory for the mirrors and seat would not keep their position. When the consumer entered or exited the vehicle the systems would reset to a new position. Occasionally they moved while the vehicle was in motion. The dealer has replaced many components but the problem still exist. The check engine light illuminated. The dealer replaced the oxygen sensor. The A/C control mode button became stuck and was noisy. The dealer replaced the A/C module head. The left windshield wiper chattered and skipped. The dealer replaced the wiper insert. The 4WD switch fluctuated between 4wh and A4wh. The dealer inspected the vehicle and replaced the transfer case select switch.

- Centerville, OH, USA

Sep 082003

Trailblazer 4WD

Since I purchased the car there have been a number of safety issues. The first was the transmission. I brought the car into the dealership 3 times with complaints of the car having spells where it was difficult to drive and on two of those occasions it nearly caused an accident. The third time I had to stop the car on a busy highway and have the car towed in for repair. The have since repaired the transmission. The second issue was the car was stalling intermittentaly. The final time I had it towed in and there was some electrical issue they have resolved. I am currently trying to resolve the third issue with the car. The car engine is reving very loudly and if I accelerate beyond 40 miles/hour the car lunges forward. I have not heard back from the dealership yet but this is the second time it has been in on this issue. I would also like to note I bought the car from classic Chevrolet and they lied about the safety features of the car. I was told that it had the latch system and when my son was born in may I found out that in fact it did not have the latch system. GMC has stated that they have no way to repromand the dealership for lying about safety features on cars. I purchased this car because I wanted a new safe car to start a family and I ended up with a lemon of a car that is the most mechanically unstable that I have ever experienced. I ended up on the side of the road stranded when I was pregnant nearly an dozen times.

- Newport Beach, CA, USA

Oct 282003

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Upon starting vehicle, the electrical system malfunctioned, causing the headlights, radio, and the dashboard lights to short out. This happened several times. The consumer had taken the vehicle to the dealer and they changed the sensors, however it did not solve the problem. There was noise in the steering wheel. The consumer was told that the problem was a characteristic. The hatch lock did not work, and the rear windshield wiper did not work. The oxygen sensor was changed twice along with the seat belt switch, the key lock on the driver door, battery, and the wiring harness. Also the cup holder broke.

- Marrero, LA, USA

Oct 102002

Trailblazer

Ever since I bought my 2002 Trailblazer I have had nothing but problems. I have a stack of paperwork of everytime I brought this into the dealership to fix and have had about 5 rental cars due to this. Now after searching this site I find there have been alot of recalls on these and I havent been informed about any of them besides the one for security. Please help me. Im a single mom with 2 children that ride in this truck. Windshield wiper module replaced under warranty at 48,594 miles.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Aug 032002

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Dont know where to start. Squeaking noise when going over bumps (sounds like it is coming from suspension). Metal grinding noise in brakes, ticking noise from engine, seat belt and airbag lights have come on for no reason, rear latch has come open while driving, tail lights and brake lights burning out freqently, transmission was slipping on take off, no cause found in the several times it has been taken in for this. Now my transmission is out. Just happened yesturday. Don't feel like I can blame the dealership after reading all the complaints. I think the fault lies on the shoulders of GM.

- Harrisonville, MO, USA

Jul 282003

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Consumer stated that while driving, they lost steering control causing an accident. Dealer notified. Consumer was cut off by a truck losing control. Regained control then brakes felt like a lack of pressure. Steering loosened then locked up causing the consumer to spin out of control. GM stated there were no recalls. Consumer and the insurance company feels there is. Insurance co. Stated it could've been the vacuum to the engine shutting down or the lower control panel snapping which causes these symptoms.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jul 312002

Trailblazer

I have had numerous of problems with my 2002 Trailblazer. I have had to replace my rear tail light housing 3 times in the last year. I have also had to replace the clutch fan 3 times within 3 months. My hood keeps squeaking and has to be readjusted every other month. My instrument panel has gone out twice. The alarm also works when it wants to and the passenger side seat belt always locks up. On 6/13/03 it left finally left me stranded on the side of the road on the way to California. I live in Arizona and was traveling with my wife, mother-in-law and our 3 year old daughter. I had to pay for a rental car and had to submit to GM to reimburse me for the rental car. By reading all the complaints on these 2002 Trailblazers I think we should all get together and do a class act law suit towards GM. E-mail me with your thoughts. Jorgutierr5@aol.com.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Feb 012003

Trailblazer 6-cyl

On start up, heard a racheting sound as tachometer engaged. Increased the RPM's and heard the gear mechanism rachet up and down as RPM's increased/ decreased.

- Flower Mound, TX, USA

Mar 172003

Trailblazer 6-cyl

ABS/brake light illuminates in the dash and stays on, air conditioner/heating unit blower does not work. Contacted dealership 4 times within a 2 month time frame. Issue still not resolved. Dealership thought replacing body control module would correct the problem, no such luck.

- Fayetteville , NC, USA

Nov 152002

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Brake light bulbs I have replaced the brake light bulbs 2 times since I have owned the vehicle in the last 6 months I recently blew another making it the third buld on the drivers side. Vehicle was taken to be serviced and it was said that there was a seal that was letting moisture in the assembly, new assembly was put on and just recently blew another bulb. There are three bulbs in the same assembly why is it only the brake light buld that is affected if it were caused by a leaking seal.

- Coal City, IL, USA