2.6

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 132009

Trailblazer

There was a smell of gas, so I took it in to the dealer after they said it should be covered. They found rotted fuel module and hoses, removed fuel tank found fuel sending unit rotted, lines and hoses..replaced sending unit lines and hoses. Mdle kit 3.107 part# 19206122..pipe 3.163 part#15174333...pipe 3.163 part#15015511...sensor 3.107 part#16238399.. now tell me it would have been covered if I brought it in earlier, I only just got the notice to have it looked at, so how could I have brought it in earlier.

- Whitman, MA, USA

Dec 112008

Trailblazer

I received a letter for my 2002 Chevy Trailblazer...on corrosion areas listed in Ohio on the fuel tank modular reservoir assembly. It does state 10 years to 120,000 miles....I purchased this vehicle used at over 130,000 miles and they sent me this letter.....they will not help me fix it....is there anything that I can do? it does leak gas!

- Powell, OH, USA

Nov 102008

Trailblazer

I have had to already replace the coil pack in my 2002 Chevy Trailblazer ls a few months ago and not it seems that it or another on is gone bad again the truck is sputtering, lose of power, no speed. I love this vehicle and have already made on complaint about it I also know of several others that have this vehicle and have also reported problems with the same thing. Chevy needs to recall these vehicles and attempt to find out what the problem is.

- Greensburg, KY, USA

Dec 042007

Trailblazer

I have a 2002 Chevy, Trailblazer, the top of the fuel tank was leaking fuel, had to have it repaired.do to corrosion, I know there is a recall on this problem on the 02 Trailblazer.... what can I do about this?

- Henderson , KY, USA

Sep 262008

Trailblazer

Gas fumes followed by leaking gas fuel module.

- North Andover, MA, USA

Jun 152008

Trailblazer

Fuel leaking from top of gas tank at the fuel pump.

- West Olive , MI, USA

Jun 242008

Trailblazer

Service engine light goes on intermittently. Strong gasoline odor from rear around gas tank. Possible fuel leakage.

- Wayne, NJ, USA

Nov 102007

Trailblazer

I notice a strong gasoline smell at first, then a large amount of gas became evident at idle in the driveway. I took vehicle into the shop and was informed of the "rotted out" pump flange was leaking. I paid almost $700 to have it fixed and complained to the dealer. 12 months later the GM/delphi pump failed and I had to pay to have it replaced again!

- Mentor, OH, USA

May 142008

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I own a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer lt. For the last two weeks there is a very strong odor of gasoline. Apparently it is leaking from the top of the tank. I understand that GM is paying for repairs of this problem on 2002 Trailblazer ext's under a special coverage warranty. If my vehicle has the same problem the ext, why isn't GM applying that coverage to the lt?

- Avella, PA, USA

Apr 182008

Trailblazer

During routine driving I noticed a odor of gas from inside my vehicle. Upon inspection I discovered gas leaking from above the gas tank and onto the ground. I brought my vehicle to the dealership and was informed that the fuel module had rotted and therefore was leaking gas onto the top of the gas tank. The gas would then collect on top of the gas tank and cause a strong odor of gas inside the vehicle. I had the fuel module replaced for a total cost of $810.52

- Rochester, NY, USA

Jan 282008

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

I started to smell gas fumes around the rear of my 2002 Trailblazer. I looked under the vehicle and could see a small trail of gas on the fuel tank strap. I called GM they recommended I take the vehicle to a dealer to be looked at. I received a call today advising its the fuel tank sending unit/pump rusted and leak. And they want $894.11 dollars. I have owned vehicle new it just turned 57,000. The vehicle was garage kept for 2 of those years.

- Midland , PA, USA

Jun 012007

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact detected gas fumes inside and outside the vehicle. The dealer stated that the fuel line and fuel pump were corroded. As of July 17, 2007, the vehicle has not been repaired. There was a defect investigation for the fuel pump (NHTSA action # PE07013). The VIN was unknown. The current mileage is 76,000 and failure mileage was 75,500.

- Willoughby, OH, USA

Jul 092007

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact smelled gas fumes between the radiator and the fuel tank when he started the vehicle. After a few minutes of driving, he noticed fuel leaking from the top of the fuel tank to the bottom. The current and failure mileages were 115,700.

- Bohemia, NY, USA

Jan 022007

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

About 1 month ago we started smelling gas fumes and than we started to notice gas was leaking from our tank onto the ground. When we brought it into the mechanic they told us we had a leak in the fuel tank. Our car is a 2002 Trailblazer ltz and it just hit 52,000 miles. It has been garage kept the entire time. When we contact the dealer we bought it from they said it was no longer under warrenty and there was not tsb's out. After some research I found the tsb that was put out for this defect. I have not recevied a recall and am experiencing a difficult time getting this problem resloved.

- Stillwater, NY, USA

Dec 272006

Trailblazer

2002 Trailblazer is leaking fuel and needs a new fuel modular and filter. This defect is a serious threat to people driving this type of vehicle.

- Leonardtown, MD, USA

Oct 152006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

I also had a noise from underneath vehicle getting louder over 3-4 days then smell of gas began and got very strong after a couple days. When it smelled bad we took it to a shop and the fuel sending unit and filter needed replaced. There was a small hole which was caused by corrosion that the mechanic said he had never seen this before. He said if I hadn't brought it when I did that the vehicle could have caught on fire.

- New Castle, PA, USA

Nov 162006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving various speeds, the odor of fuel was noticed in the cab of the vehicle. It was driven to an independent repair shop, who replaced the synchronize valve, fuel sending unit and fuel filter. The consumer was told the problem was with the sending unit. The consumer had the problem repaired, however it resurfaced again. Updated 12/18/06.

- Ravena, NY, USA

May 302006

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Transmission does not shift smoothly and the vehicles seems to "skip" when driving, had checked and was told the transmission needs servicing. Also, several times the car has jumped from 2wd to 4WD on its own, while being driven. Thankfully only when going approximately 10 - 15 mph. Now the service 4WD light is on. Fuel filter needs replacing. Oxygen sensor needs replacing. This car is a 2002 with 71,000 miles.

- Lincolnton, NC, USA

Aug 202004

Trailblazer 4WD

Re defective 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4, problem with 4 wheel drive, A/C, batteries, taillights and electrical problems. While driving 55 mph the vehicle's 4-wheel drive went into four wheel high or low intermittently. The vehicle's battery loses it's charge. The taillights went out and the blower in the air conditioner had to be replaced. Fuel splashed out of the filler while the consumer was filling the tank. The vehicle stalled intermittently.

- Auburndale, FL, USA

May 212004

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Vehicle loses power without warning and causes danger to occupants and oncoming traffic the vehicle is in manufacturer's warranty and has been in shop several times with no idea whats causing problem.

- Cedar Bluff, AL, USA