CarComplaints.com Notes: The Trailblazer emerged from an "upscale trim line" of the Blazer, but there's nothing upscale about its transmission problems or its wonky, unpredictable headlights.

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Jan 152016

Trailblazer LS 4.2L V6

I was attempting to brake while in moderately heavy freeway traffic at 60 MPH. The car began slowing and then suddenly accelerated rapidly. I managed to shift into neutral, while furiously stomping on the brakes, and stopped just inches behind the vehicle standing in front of me. The Trailblazer is working fine now, no re-occurrences, yet, but I'm worried about the "next time ". Is this a recall issue? I need this fixed ASAP. What's my best move? Take it to my trusted mechanic and hope he can fix it? Ask GM about this? Thanks for your help.

- , Minneapolis, MN, USA