Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Trailblazer emerged from an "upscale trim line" of the Blazer, but there's nothing upscale about its transmission problems or its wonky, unpredictable headlights.

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Feb 012008

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

My family and self were returning from a same day trip when with out warning, our 2002 Chevy Trailblazer ls steering locked up and it left me with no control of the vehicle, I've driven in all kinds of conditions without incident or accident but on this day I could not avoid going off the road into a ditch. Thank god my family was just shaken up badly but no personal injuries I however did smack my head on steering wheel and am currently being seen by family doctor we love this vehicle and just purchased it not two weeks ago. The reason for this grievance is simply that when contacting service department were we purchased said vehicle, was treated as if we made up the whole thing and accused of driver error, called liars, and basically treated with total indifference to a situation were things could have been a terrible loss of life, please assist my family and I in getting this situation investigated with a dealer ship that has no regard for the truth only in the all mighty dollar. Also the man my wife spoke with threatened us to find a attorney that will believe our B.S. please help us with this situation in so we don't have to sue a company whom has a employee that's simply put a parasite that has no regard for others period.. thank you for your time and effort on these matters.

- Ithaca, NY, USA

Jun 252002

At 15-20 mph vehicle started bucking. Was towed to dealer, who stated that tie rod had broken. Please indicate inner or end tie rod.

- Harrison, NY, USA