Print this page Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

2. rebuilt transmission (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Nov 102008

Trailblazer LS 4.2L V6

I have owned Chevrolets for ever. Never had as many problems with one as I have had with this Trailblazer. The latest being the transmission failure. It is unheard of for a transmission to fail at 52,000 miles. Chevrolet was no help. I know the truck just came off of the extended warranty, but it had to be a defect that caused it. My thought was that the failure was caused by the fuse box completely melting 5 months earlier and causing a problem in the transmission since it is an electronic transmission. I think it shorted out one of the valves or solenoids. Chevrolet would not listen. They wanted $2200 to rebuild. I found shops to do it for $1300. Chevrolet agreed to repair it for $1000, which they did and it failed again on the way home. They had it for another week and now it is running ok. I have been a loyal Chevrolet owner forever. I will now never buy another Chevrolet again.

- , Miami, FL, USA

Jan 032008

Trailblazer LT 6 cyl

I've had this problem twice before with the transmission, after stopping the car feels like it can't find the right gear. The thought it was a electronic sensor problem, but now it's acting up again and of course my extended warrantee is long gone. I've had nothing but annoying problems since I bought in Oct 2002. I'm trying to sqeeze out 100,000 miles before I go and look at a Toyota. I am also getting that ticking noise when the car sit idle. I'm not looking foward to getting this fix at the dealer, I'm hoping to find a local garage that can give me a btter price then $700 plus dollars, as mentioned from others who've had this problem.

- , Norwalk, CT, USA