CarComplaints.com Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

6.8

2. replace brakes (1 reports)
  3. replace pads with anti squeak pads.it costs more.worth it (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Aug 242011

Trailblazer

This brake issue is extremely annoying! It ONLY happened when applying the brake at speeds under 30 MPH AND it's quite frightening when you make that attempt to brake an the pedal vibrates and kicks back at you. I haven't taken the car to Chevy yet to have them look at it BUT my mechanic says there is NOTHING wrong with the car.

- , Selden, NY, USA

Jan 012009

Trailblazer BLK Inline 6

you must replace pads with more expensive ones. this is a design flaw.

- , Crystal Lake, IL, USA

Nov 202008

Trailblazer LX 4.6L V6

I bought this piece of sh*t in September 2007. I have had NOTHING but problems with it. The engine ticks, the CD player broke, I had to replace the battery, it stalls, I had to replace all 4 brakes, all 4 rotors, front wheel bearings, all it does is fall apart. I am just waiting for something else to break. Oh and I had to replace the power steering pump and the tires. Every three months something goes terribly wrong with this piece of sh*t.

- , Euclid, OH, USA

Jan 022008

Trailblazer LT

The brakes make the awful grinding noise in the front. It only happens when the car slows down but it also doesn't seem to be coming from the pads of the breaks. its weird.

I have had it looked at but no one can find anything.

- , Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Jan 032007

Trailblazer EXT 4.2L V6

Every time I step on my brakes it makes an awful sound like the Front End is going to come apart. It makes a loud noise like something is very rusty and going to fall apart. That is embarrassing of all things. I need some answers on these problems.

- , Aubrey, TX, USA