CarComplaints.com Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

7.3

1. replaced clutch fan (3 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Jul 062012

Trailblazer LX 4.3L

The service engine soon light came on. so I took it to the local mechanic. They checked the code and told me I needed a fan clutch. So i replaced that. The very next day after maybe 30 miles the service engine soon light came back on. I took it back to the mechanic and had the code read again. This time they said that the temperature sensor needed replaced. which i had them do. The next day on my way to work. Again less than 30 miles the service engine soon light came back on. What gives. I'm down 500 bucks in a week and the damn light is still on.

- , Arriba, CO, USA

Jun 032010

Trailblazer

I hate this truck....fan clutch broken just like everyone else's what can you say

- , buffalo, NY, USA

Jun 242009

Trailblazer V6

That darn clutch fan. The truck temp would be really high after running for a while, over 210. And don't turn the A/C on cause it would really start running hot. The Dealer said that they just do that when it's really hot outside. Yeah Right! Well the clutch fan that cools the engine was turning slow and not cooling the engine. The Dealer wanted $800.00 to fix the problem. I told them to put it back together and I went to Advanced Auto and got the clutch fan for $211.00 and borrowed the wrenches for $60.00 which was returned. I can't believe I was soooo hot in that truck!!!

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA