Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

1. replace engine (2 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Aug 152008

Trailblazer V6

We went on a week family vacation to Gatlinburg, TN. We had the oil changed before we left and keep records of all prior changes that were done on schedule. It was only a 5-6 hours trip one way. It seemed to be taking the mountains just fine but once we returned home, the next day it started ticking so I took it back to the Dealer the next day for the sound got louder and they said that the engine must have been deprived of oil and needed a new engine. Well I got my history of oil changed and took it to them and they covered $1200.00 and I had to pay $800.00. Geeeees!!!

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Aug 142007

Trailblazer LX V6

SouthPoint Chevrolet in Tulsa Oklahoma twice said my engine was low on oil. A month after they changed the oil and supposedly checked for the engine rattle I reported, the engine began rattling again, louder and louder, I took it in, they said the main bearing was out due to low oil. I took it to another dealer and they advise there is a notice from Chevrolet of Cracked Blocks in the 2003 range, no recall, but they had already replaced one engine. Southpoint never looked on the Chevrolet notices, I am still waiting to see if the manufacturer will cover it. The new dealer advises Southpoint should have done an oil consumption check.

- , Tulsa, OK, USA

Jul 122007

Trailblazer LX 3.2L V6

My husband and I purchased the extended warranty for up to 75,000 miles and we have 79,900 and now we are being told we need a new engine. Waiting to hear if they are going to assist- but being told that they will probably not fix it and cover it 100%- FYI

- , Florissant, MO, USA