2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer engine problems: engine idles high

Engine Idles High

6.0

2. replace the fan clutch (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Aug 022010

Trailblazer LX

As soon as I hit 50000 miles on the car, the fan clutch started acting up. When I started the car it sounded like a jet engine taking off. To go from stop to start it, again, sounded like the jet engine it acted slugglishly. The car lots of gas. My mechanic replace the fan clutch. A year later I had to replace the fan clutch again and a year later it is due for another. GM knew about the fan clutch problem, claimed it was a factory defect and refused to issue a recall. The only recall that has been issued for the Trailblazer was for a faulty latch on the glove box. Sure, GM, go for the cheap fix! It doesn't surprise me that GM has had financial troubles, they could care less about the customer who buys their vehicles. If you don't treat your customer right, they will go elsewhere.

- , Blandburg, PA, USA

Nov 282007

Trailblazer LT

the ntsb must look into this because if the rpm is high at number as soon as you turn on the ignition it may cause the vehicle to move at a high rate of speed.

- , Kapolei, HI, USA