Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

1. replace brake switch (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Nov 242008

Trailblazer LX 3.2L V6

As I stated in other post this is just yet another problem I've had with my Trailblazer the last 2 years. I have take good care of my vehicles but this TB has just failed on me time and time again. Last year I noticed that the brake lights on my vehicle would stay on after I parked my car. I would tap on the brake and they would turn off but when I would go back to my car to start it in the morning the problem reoccurred and drained my battery. This happened numerous times and actually dated back to when I purchased the vehicle back in 03. The left brake light would always go out and every time I took the vehicle into the dealership to get checked the dealership failed to catch the problem and told me it was a bad brake light. Well 4 brake lights later and numerous dead batteries I finally took it back to the dealer and they still missed the problem. It was only when I suggested it may be the brake switch is when they caught the problem. It cost me $500 to fix and as part of the problem a fuse in the radio burnt out because of the battery and I had to replace the stereo too. They wanted to charge me $600 to fix the old car stereo and said forget it and instead went to Circuit City and bought a brand new, better stereo for less that $150.

- , Washington, DC, USA