Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 042010

I am filing a complaint.and will continue to file complaints until all of the consumers issues have been addressed. I understand that GM is not willing to hold theirselfs liable for these issues, but people spend pretty pennies out of pocket to purchase vehicles from these manufacturers to spend more money to pay for repairs after just a short while of owning these. I have researched issues I am having with my vehicle, and I am having all the above listed issues, and do not wish to spend large amounts of money to pay for these cost considering I am still paying for this vehicle. I just spoke with a representive about these complaints, and have set up an appoinment to pay a dealership for diagnostics, but am hoping that I can get closure on these issues without paying big expenses. I hope everyone else will follow suit and keep inputting your complaints until they are resolved. My vehicle issues are the fan clutch needs replaced, my gas tank has been replaced already, just replaced my serpintine belt this morning, my exterior lights (brake/turn signal) have been replaced 3 times over two months, and engine light keeps coming on, something doesnt seem right underneath this vehicle either. I just feel like I am paying for a peice of junk on top of paying to keep the vehicle running. Oh yea this vehicle has had to have thousands of dollars of body work done as well thanks to mother nature. I just hope they will be responsible enough to take on this responsibilty of theirs, not ours.

- Gahanna, OH, USA

Nov 082010

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

I have replaced the rear passenger brake light only 9 months ago and it's once again not working. The passenger side headlight also began to not work at time as is now, not working at all. My mechanic checked out the bulbs and did some testing and discovered the problem is in the circuit board. As of today, the drivers side headlight is now the truck has no headlights and only 1 brake light.

- Linden, MI, USA

Mar 052004

Trailblazer 6-cyl

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer speedometer failed the speedometer would register as high as 120 mph. The vehicle was inspected and it was determined there was an internal malfunction on the instrument cluster. The consumer was informed it would cost $550 for a replacement cluster. The rear passenger taillight and passenger side head light burned out and was replaced. The water pump and serpentine belt were replaced. The mechanic noted a broken bolt in the water pump that held down the housing and the ball joints were replaced.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jun 102009

Head lights go off while driving at night.

- Zephyrhills, FL, USA

May 072009

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer/ls my headlights keep going out, in fact both sockets are now melted, if I bang on the lens it comes on sometimes, for now I am able to use high beams has been going on for a couple of years and I keep replacing the bulbs.

- Mechanicsville, MD, USA

Oct 242008

GM failed to fix recall # 04087 Nov 01, 2004 | recall id# 25264 exterior lighting:brake lights Nov 01, 2004 model affected Trailblazer ------------------------------- my 2003 Trailblazer right brake tail lamp is inoperative and I am going to fail my annual safety inspection. Checked bulbs and switched lamp board 16532713 to determine it was a faulty lamp board. Determined part was on recall list in 2004. Contacted dealership and they said they replaced the part. Dealership, lindsey cheverolett, is unwilling to replace since they said they replaced the board in 2005 when the car was in for regular maintenance. Contacted GM headquarters customer service supervisor, paula alvera, and she said I would need to pay for a certified GM mechanic to look at the problem. This is a $25 part. Concerned GM has a temporary solution for this recall that only last 2-3 years.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Apr 292004

The contact owns a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the brake lights failed. He took the vehicle to an authorized dealer and had it repaired according to NHTSA campaign id number 04V527000 (exterior lighting:brake lights). Four years later, two of the exterior brake lights failed again. He took the vehicle back to the dealer and was informed that because the failure occurred 30,000 miles later, they would not assume any financial responsibility for the repairs. The failure mileage was 10,000 and current mileage was 68,000.

- Jacksonsville, FL, USA

Sep 262008

Lights went out while driveing at night.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

May 012008

Headlights continue to turn off while driving causing a dangerous condition.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jan 022004

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

2003 Chevrolet trail Blazer, which have frequent failures in both tail lights, including brake lights, turn signal indicators and reverse lights due to faulty boards which do not apply enough tension to hold the bulb in place. The bulb does not burn out, it just becomes loose. This should result in a complete recall, not what GM has called a special policy condition. Failed rear lighting is a significant safety issue that the NHTSA should deem as a recall.

- West Chester, PA, USA