Print this page Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Jul 222010

Trailblazer LS 4.2L

I have a 2003 Chevy trailblazer: My son was sitting in the backseat in the middle with his seat belt on. we are driving down the road when I hear my son gasping for air, when I look in the mirror to see what is going on I see the god for love it seat belt has locked onto my son's neck and he can't get it released, I threw the truck in park in the middle of the road and tried to release it, nothing it wont let go , my son's lips are turning blue. I had 2 other people that had stopped to help try and release the seat belt (nothing. Finally the fire department had to come out and cut the damn seat belt off my son's neck, My son was rushed to the hospital where we spent 2 days to make sure he was ok.Again thanks Chevy for trying to kill my child. If I had the balls to run this truck into the wall or a lake I would in a heart beat. I will NEVER buy Chevy ever again

- , New Windosor, MD, USA