CarComplaints.com Notes: Carrying the not-so-proud traditions of its 2002 predecessor, the 2003 has a handful of instrument panel malfunctions that can leave you guessing your speed, engine temperature or how much gas is left in the tank.

4.0

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Oct 062006

Trailblazer LT EXT 4.2L 6 cyl

Ever since I bought my TrailBlazer in '06 I've heard this annoying whine at low speeds. It may make it at higher ones too, if so the road noise is drowning it out. It doesn't seem to get any worse. I figured it was the transmission, since it's only heard when the car is moving, but when I got a leak in the power steering system I found the whine from the power steering pump was exactly the same. I'm guessing that replacing the power steering pump will eliminate this noise, but I'm not sure.

I really don't like that noise, but I'm not going to put money into it either. If it aint broke I aint gonna fix it.

- , Paoli, PA, USA