Print this page Notes: It would be ill-advised to blaze any trails with the 2004 Trailblazer. Its faulty fuel gauge could leave you stranded.

2. replace the instrument panel (18 reports)
  3. recall this problem (14 reports)
  4. a recall and chevy pays for it (1 reports)
  5. remove cluster/send for repair (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Oct 142015

Trailblazer 3.2L V6

Every so often all of the gauge signals or lights start flashing all at the same time in the instrument panel. It appears that GM has some time of problem with the instrument cluster.

- , Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jul 012014

Trailblazer LT Inline 6

It is well known that Chevrolet's Trailblazers had an issue with the Gauge Cluster. The small servo motors OEM were well below par. Not a very expensive solution to fix. Took me 15 minutes to remove the cluster, mail it to a repair place and 10 minutes to put it back.

People should stop whining about this issue; in my opinion a very minor irritant considering other more important repair problems that may crop up on any vehicle.

- , Ridgewood, NJ, USA

Mar 162013

Trailblazer LS

I think there should be a recall and Chevy pay for it. I paid enough for the vehicle and don't think I should have to pay to have it fixed. Eventually the speedometer will stop and I will have to have it fixed or get rid of it. I have always liked Chevy's but maybe it is time to go Ford.

Nov 302010

As with most of you, I have heard of MANY people with this same problem and not just with the Trailblazer. The service techs at my local Chevy dealer have told me they have had to replace dozens of these instrument panels over the past few years. Even they don't know why there has not been a recall. Oh wait....It's a GM car...never mind!

- , Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Dec 032011

Trailblazer LS V6

I am not understanding, AT ALL, why this is not on a recall!!! Almost everyone I have talked to that has owned one of these vehicles or currently owns one has had the EXACT same problem!!! I have been a Chevy girl all my life but this is really making me wish I had not traded my economical Honda in on this!!!! I am very dissatisfied.

- , Vidalia, GA, USA

Apr 022012

Trailblazer LX 3.2L

This vehicle has been great until the panel gauges went out all of a sudden. They all started to blink and ding and then went out. Nothing worked. This is a pretty dangerous issue I feel Chevrolet should address..

- , Gainesville, FL, USA

Oct 012011

Trailblazer LS

Very disappointed in Chevrolet's response. This is clearly a known defect and they will repair if under a certain mileage, but because I am over the mileage limit they set it is considered routine maintenance. I know what the problem is, but they want me to go pay one of their technicians 90.00 to diagnose the issue. INSANE!! I owned a blazer before this and never had any issues. I will not get another similar product due to the lack of responsibility from Chevrolet.

- , Moncks Corner, SC, USA

Jun 012009

Trailblazer LS V6

2004 Trailblazer all my gauge are out. they have been out for some time. I have contacted GM and they will only take your comments and concerns over the phone, but i sure they are laughing after we hang up. Basic the rep. said that they no recall and i have no warranty on my truck so i need to pay out of pocket to repair this issue. They need to do a recall on the whole truck..

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jun 012011

Trailblazer EXT

My 2004 Chevy Trailblazer was a really nice vehicle until the instrument panel stopped working. I never know how fast I am going, what my oil pressure and temperature is and I can't belive this is not a recall! My gas gause is also acting strange recently. One time I look at it and it will show 1/4 tank, then the next minute my low fuel light comes on, then it jumps back to 1/4 tank. I can't trust it. I am a single mom of 3 girls - the last thing I need is to be stranded on the side of the road because I ran out of gas!

- , Rising Sun, MD, USA

Jan 012009

Trailblazer LS 4.2L

I have always loved my Trailblazer. I have had very minor problems with it. My instrument panel stopped working. It's the speedometer and tachometer that are not working now. I am concerned after seeing all of the other owners that are having the same issue that the rest of the instruments will also fail. I am very disappointed that GM will not stand behind the product and recall/warranty the vehicles. They are a strong American Company, they want us to buy American but when the company will not fix the problems, I will certainly be looking at other options when I purchase my next vehicle. Sad isn't it? Americans need to keep Americans working but...........not when the company won't stand behind their product..............just saying...............

- , Broomfield, CO, USA

Dec 242010

Trailblazer LX V6

Government Motors suck. Don't buy any GM vehicle. They don't stand behind the faulty crap they produce. Over $600 to fix something that should never be a problem. Anyone with instrument panel problems should get a lawyer. GM's electrical problems are the worse and now they want you to buy the Volt. HA HA HA HA HA

- , New HYde Park, NY, USA

Aug 012010

Well it seems from all I've read I'm not alone ! My problems started with the tach going out, then water temp. then oil pressure, my gas gauge goes crazy every now and then. I'm really disappointed in GM, I've owned Chevy's since I was 16. This is my second vehicle that I have purchased brand new, the first one was a 2000 Blazer, that one had 4 wheel drive issues, that went out twice the third time I traded it in on the 2004. What a POS !

Great work GM, if I could afford I would get ride of this one and purchase something else and it wouldn't be a GM product. What a waste of $35,000, thanks a lot

- , Sterling, VA, USA

Jun 032006

Trailblazer SLT V6

My family has always owned all Chevys, but this is my second one in a row with this problem. The entire instrument panel is out, I don't know how fast I am going or how much gas is in the vehicle and I can't afford to fix it. This is also a safety issue for my two teenage daughters. I am outraged at the fact that there are so many complaints about the same problem and GM refuses to do anything about it, they had a recall on the 02 for the same thing. Why can't they do the same for the 04, they know the problem is theirs!! This will be the last Chevy bought in my house.

- , Melrose, FL, USA

Dec 122008

Trailblazer LT 4WD V6

My instrument cluster is not working. It started with the RPM gauge going haywire and now the speedometer doesn't work anymore. It is a huge inconvenience and I have seen tons of other complaints about this. When is GM going to recall this?

- , Omaha, NE, USA

Jul 072010

Trailblazer LS 4.3L

IT SEEMS THAT THERE ARE QUITE A FEW OF THESE PROBLEMS . It started with Speedo and I have been getting by with my iphone app. then it was the temp gage 260 degrees stopped and had it towed in .Dealer says computer and temp is fine. now gas and voltage are gone. I heard the 2005 Tahoe had a recall on the computer.still checking that out.A RECALL WOULD BE NICE FROM GOVERNMENT MOTORS

- , Grass Valley, CA, USA

May 172008

Trailblazer LS 6 cyl

i have been trying for 2 years for a fix a salution and nothing and this is not just a problem of mine it seems almost everybody who ownsa trailblazer is having the same problem gm is dragging there heels on a recall witch is probley the reason they are in financial trouble they know this is a problem but choose to ignore it they want us to buy there vehicles witch they make plenty of money on bye the way then they put stuff toghether cheap and when there is a problem they dont stand behind there mistakes i am very disapointed with gm i always try to buy american but i clearly understand why people wgo foreign they are tired of getting screwed bye these crooked car companys who build cheap crap and get top dollar for it shame on you gm do the right thing fix the problems you created joe labar

- , Wawarsing, NY, USA

May 012009

Trailblazer EXT 4.6L

I am not impressed with this trailblazer! The instrument panel quit working.

- , Machesney Park, IL, USA

Mar 112008

Trailblazer LT V6

The problem I am having is, the 4 gauges to the right are not working {oil pres. temp, batt, gas gauge }. The speedometer and tach both function. the read out line on the bottom you can only read part of the time.ex. you can read range and miles but not the amount. The new hitch is the battery is being drained overnight. I love my trailblazer but this is getting old, because everyone I have had look at it has no idea what the problem is or how to fix it.

- , Cape Coral, FL, USA

Jun 262010

Trailblazer LT V6

Guess I'm not the only one with a car problem. About a year ago the temp gauge went out. It keeps doing a 360.OK GM I can check the water; but what about the oil gauge??Yes it has also gone South on me.Will be calling GM and the NHTSA tomorrow.Now if that wasn't enough--drivers seat at the controls is cracking.GM I want my tax money back--cause I'm going to a Ford.

- , Lakeland, FL, USA

Aug 172009

Trailblazer LS V6

I only the truck less than two month before i started to have problem , first none of my gauges would work. Did not know how much gas i had in the truck, so why want Chevrolet recall these damn trucks .

- , Douglasville, GA, USA