2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 6 of 16)

Feb 182009

Trailblazer 6-cyl

It started with the speedo going crazy, you will be going 45-50 and the speedo says you are going 120. At a stop sign it will say you are going 40. Had it checked dealer says it's your computer it happens all the time. Winner Chevrolet, colfax ca. Next temp gauge goes to 260 degrees. We pull over have it towed in mech. Says its fine its a computer problem. Now the gas gauge and volts gas empty and way over charging. Mech. Says it a computer.

- Grass Valley, CA, USA

Nov 232009

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the speedometer malfunctioned while driving causing the contact to be unware of how fast she was driving. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was not been inspected or repaired by a dealer. The failure mileage was approximately 65,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Denver, CO, USA

Jan 012009

Trailblazer 6-cyl

2004 Chevy Trailblazer all gauges have failed. One by one, speedometer, gas, oil, temp, tack. I feel this is a safety issue that GM should address.

- Gordonsville, VA, USA

Jan 172007

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Gauges stop working on Chevrolet Trailblazer 2004. Tachometer, speedometer, water pressure gauge, fuel gauge, oil pressure gauge, voltage gauge. This is a safety hazard and should have a recall on it from General Motors.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Nov 012010

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer. Upon starting the vehicle, the contact noticed that all of the gauges on the instrument panel were stuck on 0. when the contact turned the vehicle off and restarted it, it funtioned correctly. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a local repair shop but the failure could not be diagnosed. The failure mileage was approximately 59,000 and the current mileage was approximately 60,000.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Dec 062009

Trailblazer

I own a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer and the speedometer has progressively gotten to the point of being completely inoperable. The first time I noticed the speedometer read 120 mph when I was driving on the highway were the speed limit was 55 mph and I was driving with the flow of the traffic. I turned the car off and the speedometer still read 50mph. As of a month ago my fuel, oil, battery, and temp gauge are all inop; the needles never move. With this my battery, seatbelt, ABS, and parking park stay illuminated. This is a safety concern because I never know how fast I'm going, how much fuel I have, if my car is running hot, I have no warning indication of anything going on with my vehicle.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Oct 222010

Trailblazer

Oil pressure gauge became unreliable and had different reading each time the car was driven. Most recently the gauge needle moves past the upper limits of the gauge and points straight down at the fuel gauge. Two days ago, the speedometer began acting in the same erratic manner and will give various readings including exceeding 120 mph and will point straight down at the steering column. It may read anywhere from 30 mph to 75 mph at various time when the vehicle is parked and the ignition is off. Bottom line is that I am no longer to check my speed in comparison to speed limits or speed warning signs when in mountainous terrain.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Sep 272010

Trailblazer

Instrument cluster becoming unreliable, specifically the speedo and RPM. If the actual speed is 55 mph I will get one of three readings: The actual speed, a higher speed of any value, a lower or negative speed of any value. Has been going on for more than a year. Had heard that the 2004 Avalanche had a recall on the instrument cluster and wonder if the two vehicles uses the same part.

- Falls Church, VA, USA

May 122007

Trailblazer

The vehicles clusters will malfunction several times a week. For example the RPM gauge will stop functioning as will the oil pressure gauge and the fuel gauge will also malfunction. Service engine light pops up once a month taken vehicle to shop but vehicle has nothing wrong with it. I believe it has to do with vehicles cluster that is constantly not working, it goes crazy all of a sudden. I have to replace the vehicles cluster for this problem to be corrected.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA

Jun 012009

Trailblazer

Electrical problems: Car will die without warning (took this to Chevy and they could not find a problem, low beams repeatedly go out after changing fuse, speedometer stopped working completely, fuel gauge stopped working completely, front A/C will not blow ever, different panel lights do not work, panel buttons function incorrectly.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Sep 022010

Trailblazer

I too am a reluctant owner of a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer that constantly gets the irritating view of an instrument panel that has go haywire. Sometimes these things work and sometimes they do not. I don't believe I have one working gauge in my Trailblazer. It would be really gracious for those that are relying on our hard own dollars to give us a product worth spending on.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

Jul 202009

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Electrical system & control panel in my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer ls has been malfunctioning for many, many months, to include total darkness and constant "dinging" of the alarms. My local dealer continues to tell me that they "can not replicate" the problem on the computer; even though the technician has seen the "dead" panel with his own eyes. He claims he has to duplicate the problem. Obviously I have been dealing with a bunch of idiots or liars. I am convince both, after reading almost 700 complaints with your Agency. Where is the protection for the consumer? who is going to help all these people and the "thousands" who don't know about the widespread problem. GM should be required to recall these cars for the control panel failures. Please help us. No one else will......

- Ocean Springs, MS, USA

Aug 252010

Trailblazer

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer with only 45,000 miles and recently have had a problem with the dashboard where none of the gauges work. I was driving down the road and suddenly the speed and all my other gauges stopped working. I had no clue how fast I was going or anything about my truck. I have read where this has happening to several of the 2004's there are hundreds of complaints on the web and this site. This should be a recall by now.

- Fishers, IN, USA

Sep 152009

Trailblazer

The speedometer work intermittently causing problems not knowing how fast or slow we are driving. It is a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer and I contacted Chevrolet about this issue, but went on deaf ears. They have other SUV/truck recalls for the same issue, but nothing for the Trailblazer. There are many complaints for the same issue on internet sites and no action by any one to resolve this safety issue...

- Elgin, IL, USA

Jul 022008

Trailblazer

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer and the dash cluster is constantly showing incorrect. This has been going on for over a year now and started when the vehicle had around 80,000. Miles on it. The speedometer will show 55 at a stand still, and the tachometer does whatever it wants, neither do as they should. The problem is almost a constant, it will work correctly for a few miles, then goes silly again.

- Lagrange, KY, USA

Jul 242010

Trailblazer

Instruments in my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer show wrong levels (ex. Traveling at 70 mph and the speedometer showing 55 mph) oil and charging levels are also wrong. I think this problem is in the instrument cluster. Thousands of complaints online about this problem. Government has recall other Chevy truck models with this problem but not the Trailblazer.

- Hinckley, OH, USA

Jul 152010

Trailblazer

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer without warning lose all gauges and speedometer and tachometer.

- Hamden, CT, USA

Dec 042009

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Speedometer malfunctions on daily basis.

- Greenbelt, MD, USA

Dec 282008

Trailblazer

The speed, oil, and tach gauges on a Chevy Trailblazer 2004 started to indicate incorrect readings. After some time the gauges would just stop working. GM will replace them for fee starting at $300+. now you can get a used cluster to replace this but you will have the wrong odometer reading which will cause a fraud. GM will not reset the odometer on a used cluster! this causes someone to pay the high price or drive around with broken gauges. Doing a search on the web, I am seeing that this is not just the Trailblazer and there is a lot of complaints. I would think not knowing the speed or other instrument reading could be a safety issue, since they are there for a reason.

- Sumter, SC, USA

Dec 132007

Trailblazer

Trailblazer refused to charge the battery on the travel trailer. The dash lights occasionally flickered, then came back on strong. GM dealer could not find the problem. A local mechanic simply took the cover off the electrical distribution box at the front right of the engine, then pushed all the wires deeper into their contact sockets. That resolved the problems, at least until now. Now the service engine light is on again, and it says it is for the pressure system.

- Yachats, OR, USA