- February 28: Chevy Impala Recalled To Fix Brakes With Minds of Their Own
- February 14: GM Expands Power Steering Recall in Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6
- February 5: Chevy Volt Liftgate Strut Rod Problems Will Be Repaired
- February 3: Chevy Corvette Recalled To Repair Rear Suspension Problems
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
Worst 2004 Trailblazer engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine light stays on11
- engine is knocking2
- engine lights flashes2
- sudden unintended acceleration2
- valve is shot2
- a vibration when in drive at a stop1
- engine stalls/dies while driving1
- idilng up and down1
- idles fast, but no power1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling15
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control13
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine6
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Trailblazer Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Trailblazer compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Trailblazer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Trailblazer.