CarComplaints.com Notes: It would be ill-advised to blaze any trails with the 2004 Trailblazer. Its faulty fuel gauge could leave you stranded.

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Oct 252010

Trailblazer 4WD 8-cyl

Automatic headlights go completely off for no reason, and then will come back on but no apparent reason, leaving you driving completely in the dark. (turning the car off and restarting it does not effect it either.) daytime running lights will also go off. This problem 1st began appr 2 years ago but has become more frequent 3 times a week in the last 6 months. Also the speedometer and tachometer no longer work. They periodically will come back on but has not worked in 2 weeks.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Mar 162009

Trailblazer

Instrument cluster failure on 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer. Oil pressure and amps gauge malfunction. Mechanic quoted price $650 to replace cluster. Emissions failure paid dealer approximately $375 to replace emissions pump. Air conditioning mode motor actuator out; blower doesn't operate on high setting. Dealer quoted price $750 to fix air conditioner. Sporadic electrical issues-service engine soon light on-first time code read faulty thermostat cooling sensor, next it read faulty air mass sensor, another time it read faulty emissions sensor. Mechanic quoted price $40 per hour plus parts to isolate problem. A person could go broke before fixing possible problems, considering no accident occurred due to all these possibilities. Front suspension problems, hard to isolate. Paid mechanic $135 to replace right side inner tie rod end. Did not fix problem. Problem occurs when returning steering wheel from a right turn, front right side makes a single "pop" sound. Had to replace "burnt" headlight pigtails on front, and park light pigtail on right rear. Property damage is considered damage to vehicle due to the complaints listed.

- Linn Valley, KS, USA

Trailblazer

I have been having a problem with the lights going out while driving. I usually have to pull over and shut vehicle off and let it set for awhile. Once I restart it works. Well now they don't work at all. I replaced the headlamps several times. I have to drive with high beams because the dims don't work.

Sep 182010

Trailblazer

Headlight low beams go out without warning. Hi-beams and foglights still work. This has happened without warning on four separate occasions at various speeds. All fuses, bulbs and relays checked, no fault found.

- Kansas City, KS, USA

Jun 242010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer that has defective headlights. It started over a year ago, but was rare. When I drive at night the lights suddenly go out. The parking light and the high beams still work. It has been getting more frequent and in the last month it has happened several times. My engine light has also been on for months. I have had a diagnostic test done by a mechanic and he informed me that I had a loose gas cap. I bought a new one and it has not resolved that problem. Now I wonder if it remains on because of the light issue. This is a problem because I live in an unincorporated area that has minimal lighting at night. I have looked on the internet and there several people have reported that same issue.

- Loxahatchee, FL, USA

Apr 102010

Trailblazer

There are several defects on Chevy trail Blazer mine in particular is with the instrument cluster panel because it stopped recording the speed, amount of gas in my vehicle, essential to driving safety, proper speed maintenance and ensuring it wont stall out due to lack of gas in the vehicle while on the freeway at high speeds. In addition the night lights turn off randomly while driving at night and that is dangerous to me and my children when driving at night which I do often to commute home from work. There are different dates for the defects the cluster panel gage was proximately 6 or 8 months old, the manufacturer was contacted they stated it was not hazardous to my driving and that since it was not under warranty due to being a 2004 the best they could do was 10% off, I felt it was a hazard at the time of the report they fixed an issue with the turn signals but now my headlights are turning on and off randomly at night and it is scary to be driving at night and your lights go off and you cant see a thing. The lights have been malfunctioning for the last 3 to 4 months have not reported it because of the lack of response by the manufacturer with prior issue.

- El Paso , TX, USA

Mar 242010

Trailblazer

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer, while driving at night the low beam lights went out, I had to drive home with high beams on, this is a major concern, it is unsafe on the road. It has happen several time, they usually come back on, but not this time.

- Arlington, TN, USA

Dec 192009

Trailblazer

Headlights continually burn out. Replace every month! just replaced on 2 days ago and already out again! speedometer does not work.

- Rush City, MN, USA

Nov 302009

Trailblazer

Headlights flicker on vehicle, interior lights come on, voltage drops to 10V. Dealers state "nothing wrong" I been living with this issue since truck was new in 05. Please ck website "trailvoy.com" common issue.

- Sandy Hook, CT, USA

Oct 272009

Trailblazer

Started the vehicle (at night), low beam headlights were not working. Fuses were checked, they were fine.

- Mount Gilead, OH, USA

Apr 202009

Trailblazer

Low beam headlight connection shorts out and burns, and heater and A/C controls don't work anymore when you try to turn on heat or A/C kills engine. I have already replaced the liftgate module, that fixed the problem of not being able to lock the vehicle and sometimes starting it. This all started at about 92,000 miles. Estimated repair cost for heat and A/C around $600.

- Berkeley Springs, WV, USA

Oct 132009

Trailblazer

While going home from work yesterday, someone pulled up and told me that my rear lights were out. Upon my husband inspecting the lights, he discovered that the connection to the rear brake lights is out. There was a recall done in 2004 but GM will not honor it.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 072009

Trailblazer

First problem was head lamps went out for no reason, had to replace the lamp driver relay, so far its only happened once..

- Seven Hills, OH, USA

Jun 012008

Trailblazer

Headlights dim and flicker at random times, mostly at start up. Dealer has replaced alternator twice and problem was resolved for about 2 months and has since recurred.

- Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Apr 022009

Trailblazer

Since I've purchased the 2004 vehicle (brand new), I have had to replace the passenger side low beam headlight about 10 times. The vehicle is out of warranty and the headlight went out again. While trying to replace, noticed that the wiring is burned out as there is a short. I have read several complaints about the same thing and wondering if there is a recall for this problem.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Mar 232009

Trailblazer

Headlamps no longer work (low beams). Bulbs are good and the high beams still work fine.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 252009

Trailblazer

Headlights flash on and off at night. Sometimes cars pull over thinking I am a police officer. I was told by a mechanic that it is a known problem due to bad ground wires on the left(driver) side of the vehicle.

- Deptford, NJ, USA

Jan 072008

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 60 mph, the contact was pulled over by a police officer. He was informed that both the driver's and passenger side brake lights were inoperable. He drove the vehicle to his residence, checked the fuse panel, and noticed that the fuse was still good. The manufacturer stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign id number 04V527000 (exterior lighting:brake lights). The manufacturer also stated that they were not obligated to perform the repairs on the vehicle. The dealer informed the contact to bring the vehicle to their establishment for inspection. The current mileage was 71,624 and failure mileage was 71,589.

- Rex, GA, USA