Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: It would be ill-advised to blaze any trails with the 2004 Trailblazer. Its faulty fuel gauge could leave you stranded.

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Nov 182006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

My 2004 Trailblazer spare tire winch would not crank my tire all the way down I was on the side of the expressway and could not remove my tire so that I could change it.

- Olympia Fields, IL, USA

Sep 072004

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Major electrical problems inside the vehicle. I have owned it less than a year.the vehicle has been in the shop twice in the past two weeks. Exiting the freeway the I had a complete power failure. The vehicle completely stopped and locked up and there was a semi truck behind me! my vehicle was moving and in "drive" when this happened. I had two of my toddlers in the car with me! the vehicle was taken into a local dealer and unfortunately they could not find anything wrong with it. Apparently, when the vehicle is restarted it erases the codes in the engine as to what caused the problem. Well, it happened to me again this evening. Same problem. This will be my 5th time of bringing this vehicle in for electrical problems in less than a year. I only have 9400 miles on the vehicle and bought it brand new. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle with my 5 children as passengers. Is there a way GM can get me a better running vehicle? I paid a lot for this vehicle and am very unsatisfied with it's performace. There always seems to be something wrong with it. The connell Chevrolet service here in killeen has been very helpful. I feel sorry for them because they did not sell me this vehicle but they are the ones nice enough to try and fix the multiple problems.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Mar 192004

Trailblazer 6-cyl

While driving at 70 mph, the consumer pulled to the right to avoid hitting another motorist. The consumer over corrected the vehicle, which resulted in the consumer losing control of the truck. The truck went through 2 ditches and a service road before stopping. The truck went airborne. The driver sustained back injuries and the passenger sustained injuries to his/her side and knees. The console between the seats came loose and hit the passenger in the side. The vehicle was totaled.

- Claremore, OK, USA