CarComplaints.com Notes: It would be ill-advised to blaze any trails with the 2004 Trailblazer. Its faulty fuel gauge could leave you stranded.

1.8

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

May 202007

Trailblazer

Sway bar links (also called stabilizer links) replaced several times on my 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer: I had all 4 replaced in May 2007 by a local repair business, then 10 months later the rear 2 were replaced by autodealership in March 2008, then yet again 8 months later I had the right rear one replaced by same autodealership (in all cases parts were only good for 12,000 miles and I had traveled over the limit). I asked the auto dealership if they themselves have seen a trend in replacing these parts they gave me a GM# to call - which I didn't. I figured I would start here first. (I knew there was some kind of problem in all three cases when I heard loud rattling noises coming from rear of the SUV - I additionally had all 3 repair places show me the old sway bar links to observe damage.) I do have high mileage on my Trailblazer but replacing sway bar links 3 times on same vehicle seems excessive.

- Martins Ferry, OH, USA

Aug 282007

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Had banging noises under the car which at some point felt as if my suspension was bad since it was not stable riding. The SUV seemed as if it were darting across the roads and left us drivers feeling as if we were always adjusting the SUV to keep it in the lane. Turned out that all four sway bar links where bad which leads my family to wonder why would all four sway bar links two in the front & two in the rear go bad at the same time and in less then a year of having the SUV inspected by the same dealer whom found the sway bar links front & rear to be bad. Seems to me that these parts are not of quality and poorly made and make the auto very unstable when they fail and could cause an accident in doing so. We ended up replacing the two front sway bar links but, are holding off on the rear for right now. I feel these sway bar links should be looked into for a possible recall.

- Pittsfield, ME, USA