- December 20: General Motors Recalls 2017 Chevy Malibu Cars recalls | 31 days ago
- December 15: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Minnesota news | 36 days ago
- December 14: Chevy Sonic Gas Mileage Lawsuit Says MPG is Wrong news | 37 days ago
- December 11: GM Recalls Chevy Tahoe Police SUVs at Risk of Fires recalls | 40 days ago
- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 52 days ago
Blower Fan Motor Stopped Working
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 69,571 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 22 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
- replace a resistor (6 reports)
- paid to have blower motor replaced (5 reports)
- replaced resister-because hot wire melted resister (1 reports)
AC / heater problem