CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Dec 102010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Speedometer malfunction.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Feb 072010

Trailblazer

I have a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer lt and live in birmingham, al. On my way home from church on a Sunday morning, I encountered a severe issue with my speedometer. As I was driving up on a police officer I looked at my speedometer, which said I was doing 70 so I began slowing down but my speedometer didn't - it continued to go up. I started hitting my brakes thinking that would make the speedometer go back down but it didn't. as I pulled off the interstate and stopped at a red light, the speedometer kept going up to 110 mph. Then as the light turned green, I started again and the speedometer went straight to the bottom facing the floor. I thought when I get home and turn the car off, the speedometer would reset itself. Well... it didn't!! I don't know what I'm going to do now! the economy is so !@#$% bad that I'm in the middle of a foreclosure and now this crap happens! GM should recall this faulty issues as it is a dangerous situation. If you don't know how fast you are going... how the !@#$% do you drive without a speedometer unless you are looking to get in trouble by the law!!

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Dec 062009

Trailblazer

My 2005 Trailblazer instrument panel constantly fails - the speedometer stops working which is a safety issue. The gas gauge has been fixed once already and is now broken again. The vehicle has power surges which is another safety issue. The transmission shifts the car up and down when trying to slow down causing power surges. This is another safety issue. The following are other issues which this model vehicle: Stereo cd player stopped working, the check engine light comes on when the gas cap light, the lights flicker also. I ought this vehicle used and with a cracked front bumper which the dealer didn't fix (dealer stuck a little bondo on area and repainted it so I thought it was a new bumper when I accepted the car after repair. It cracked in a matter of days) and I know this was caused due to the surges in power. A severe safety issue. The vehicle has serious electrical problems the Chevrolet should stand behind and fix. It is not fair to the consumer. I have checked the web and have read many, many other similar complaints. Chevy owners should fill a class action lawsuit against Chevrolet if they don't do a recall and fix these problems. I experience a fender bender accident when my vehicle didn't stop and bumped another cars back bumper causing an accident and an insurance claim. I am fed up with this vehicle but can't afford to replace it. Linda vanauken

- Altamont, NY, USA

Jan 012009

Trailblazer

Fuel sensor within fuel tank has failed twice within 130,000 miles. Idler pulley has been replaced three times within 120,000 miles.

- Sims, NC, USA

Mar 152009

Trailblazer

The numbers on the selection for the radio and cd paint has peeled off and I had the radio replaced once.

- Taylor, MI, USA

Sep 272006

Trailblazer

The gas gauge is not operating. It stopped working without any warning.

- Oakland, CA, USA